Jam or Jelly?

OKIEGunner

Jam or Jelly?

In the last few weeks, I have picked my fair share of Apricots, Sandhill Plums and started on the Peaches. We were fortunate enough to have a pretty good batch of Peaches this year. The GSP’s love jumping up in the smaller peach trees, grabbing their fair share and gnawing on the peaches until their belly is full.

Funny thing, I have never picked and made peach jelly before the second week of July, so it seems everything is a bit early this year. I will get out and check on a few Blackberry patches in the next few weeks.

It’s Jam for me………

I too prefer the jam. Pm your address and I will send a postage paid box so you don't have to find one.

Hard to beat a fresh peach pie, tho . . .

Just like that, JS . . . what's your address? Made 2 of them years ago when I was still married (and my peach trees were still thriving before the "big wind" in '91.). As they cooled, my former bride's poodle stood in one while it munched on the other. It's funny now, but I didn't view the event quite that way at the time . . .

Now I've got to go out and get me a peach pie.:)

An old Scandahoovian once said, " Yoost vhen I learn to say yelly they change it to yam."

MNMT: Question for you: I cut open a black walnut my son had found this week explaining there was a familiar kind of nut inside this green sphere. INstead I found some godawful snot in the middle instead of a nut. What gives? Had any experience with these? Was it a bad nut or just too early?

Not a great day for Dad respectability. :eek:

Back