J.P. Sauer and Sohn

uplandnut

Hoping someone here can help me out with this situation. Found a nice J.P. Sauer and Sohn sxs, The barrels are 28.5 double triggers and some nice engraving on the sides. It only seems to show some wear from hunting use (scratches and small knicks), The break assembly seems tight and the barrels look to be in very good shape. It is a model 60 as well. Anybody with any information or past exp. wiht one of these guns, I'd love to hear your perspective, thanks.

They are quality European shotguns that have found their way to the US from Europe because of their gun laws. Many of the ones that I have seen have a cheek piece on the stock and most have sling swivels. They also have double triggers and extractors.
Cabela's has a bunch of them in various shapes for $400-600. They are good quality guns that you would probably never wear out. If it looks like something you like go ahead and buy it!

Maybe I paid too much for this J. P. Sauer 16 gauge-

IMG_0951CC.jpg

It probably doesn't matter (within reason) as long as you like it. I have the highest respect for JP Sauer firearms. I have owned and shot a JPS drilling since the early 70's and it has never failed me in any regard.

I do hope it is a 16. Germans tend to make 12 ga's a little clumsy. Too heavy. Their 16's are models of balance and taste. All are 'overbuilt.' Just look at the locking system of any Merkel. The German motto is "If it is worth doing- it is worth overdoing." Gunmaking is right at the top of that list.

UncleBuck, it appears you are new to this site. I am I correct? If so, Welcome. But I woud like to tell you we already have an Uncle Buck on this site. He just uses a space between the words. To eliminate the confusion you might want to consider changing your handle. But anyway, welcome aboard. You will enjoy this site.

Wow! Did not recall writing that. I do agree with it however. I also wondered why all those guns showed up at Cabela's. I have been to three stores and they all have them plus some AYAs and others.

M.R. - Do not know what you paid but yours looks to be in better shape than the one's I saw at Cabela's. Did you buy it there?

Also enjoyed listening to High Plains Radio last week in Kansas, particularly a show called 'Western Swing and Other Things".
________
VAPORIZER WHOLESALER

Last edited:
Uncle Buck-

You didn't write it; I did. Looks like I have to change my name in the forum to prevent confusion. What can I say?

I'll do it when I figure out how.

UncleBuck (one word)

M.R. - Do not know what you paid but yours looks to be in better shape than the one's I saw at Cabela's. Did you buy it there?

It came from a Scheel's store in Iowa. I was put onto it by an earlier owner, Larry Brown.

Back