IS Wingshooter #807

btomlin

Anyone have any reviews on these boots??? How does the "ultra dry" waterproofing work?? I'd probably wear for work and upland hunting.

Found some for $135 so not sure if should jump on them....seems like a lot of you like your IS boots.

I have the Havoc Upland 801 boots. Super comfortable. Before the Havoc's I had a pair similar to the Wingshooters. They were great boots and wore like iron. But I have yet to find any leather boot that is truly waterproof regardless if it's Gore-Tex, UltraDry or any other waterproof liner. If you walk in wet grass or wet snow for any length of time the water will make it's way through. the only way to get true waterproof boots is to buy rubber boots like Mucks.

George, I agree - I've been buying "waterproof" leather boots since Dunham (CA) started the idea. Not sure when, but I believe these were the first to guarantee waterproof.

They were ok for a while, then leaked.

The boots I currently have now are leather and they started to leak. However, I discovered Sno-Seal and the stuff seems to work. I only use it on the toe area -so far, no leaks.

Have a great hunting season!

Like has been said Gore-Tex will work for awile and will eventually leak but I have been using RedHead water-proofering from bass-pro with good results. Make sure your boots are cleanand dryI and just spray on and works for awile and then need to do again. It also can be used on other things that need to be waterproofed but says not to use on patent leather or vinyl. It is best to use outside as it does have a distinguished smell and seems to linger quite awile, or so my wife has said.

Those look like decent boots. I would wax the leather with Obenaufs heavy duty LP. I typically treat my boots twice per year. I put a heavy coat on and hit it with a hairdryer to melt it in and add more where the leather really soaks it up.

Have used SnoSeal as a well but I think it has more petroleum based stuff and seemed to beak down the glues in the boot more than Obenaufs.

I know some guys who use straight bees wax. I did too but harder to work with.

Back