IS Havocs?

Jdog

Gents - fairly new to this forum--and am in need of a new pair of bird hunting boots. Primarily hunt SD public land--grass, edge of corn fields, occasionally the cat tails.

Do you guys recommend the Irish Setter Havocs?

Do they seem to run true to size?

Havocs

I bought a pair late last fall based on info from this site and they are about as comfortable a boot as you'll find IMO. I went with half size larger. I went from Danner Strykers, which worked really well for me, to Havocs. I found them on Amazon, and waited for a while for a good deal to come up. They were $123.

Irish Setters for me as well...haven't tried the Havocs because I can't get out of my old Uplands; but the Havocs are next.

thanks guys...now if I could only find them for $123!

Most of what I am seeing is $200+

thanks for the inputs!

I love my Irish Setter Upland Havocs. Most comfortable boot I've ever owned. My only complaint is there are not real waterproof. But then I have never had a leather boot with Gor-Tex that was any better. They all leak if you are in wet grass or wet snow long enough. I try to stay out of the real wet stuff with my Havocs. But because of the comfort level I won't give them up and may buy another pair.

Absolutely agree on the comfort of these boots. They hold tight enough to your feet as well, so when your side-stepping on a steep hill they don't roll on you. Waterproof... well that's another story. I don't take them out on rainy or snowy days, but aside from that they're great.

Here too. I really like them. I bought them from a local sporting goods store. Had to try on several sizes. Excellent boots. I wear them just about every day.

I went to Uninsulated Havocs this year and so far they have proven to be extremely comfortable. Size seemed true in length, they do feel a little wider than the Rocky Outbacks they replaced. I would buy them again.

In my case this is the first pair of boots I've had that WERE waterproof. I think waterproof is a crap shoot when it comes to boots.

My son wears I.S. Elk Trackers and loves them.
For a hiker I wear Keens, most times it's a bit wet so I use Muck Boots most days.
Cat

Back