Iowa's opener is today.

remy3424

Welcome '24-'25 pheasant opener. This will be the first season my father will not be hunting, I think this has tempered my enthusiasm. Taking a couple guys out for a friend this morning, the regular crew is fading. Post those hero pics Iowa hunters! Be safe everyone, looking forward to some reports and pics. Time to get my poop in a group and head out.

Well, had my 3 in the first hour or so, the fellas I took out had some beautiful (Parker and Fox maybe?) 100 plus year old double barrel shotguns, one of them did get a bird toward the end when my knees were screaming at me to stop. If I wasn't abiding by our No-Party Hunting law, I would have had another 8 point blank opportunities. Not sure if I will have it in me to try again tomorrow, maybe by myself it would be a much shorter adventure. The dog worked decent, I found out the "dinger" in my bell was missing, I have an extra one somewhere in my gear, but couldn't locate it on a quick search, so that made keeping track of the dog 100 times harder in the 5 foot plus high cover.
My dog did find an old deer carcass that he did a nice job of rolling and rubbing on....had to jump in the shower with him first thing upon our return....way preferred to bumping into a skunk! 2024 opener.jpg

Back