Internet hunting

I imagine someone said something similar hundreds of years ago when paper maps were a new fangled contraption
I suppose people still could use paper maps.Ive been seeing out of state trucks way out in the sticks the last few years. The only thing I can deduct, is they are using the internet.

The only thing I can deduct, is they are using the internet.
I would suspect that too. Social media and other forms of communication have quickly advanced word on a good area to hunt, or fish. If you want to lose a good spot, start posting where you had success.

Showing a photo of a bag limit of roosters, walleyes, or a 10 point buck and then also indicating where you obtained it is just not a good idea anymore unless you are very non-specific on where it came from. Something like "Lake Superior" or "Canada" is probably fine.

Something like "Lake Superior" or "Canada" is probably fine.

For some reason, this really strikes me as funny. Thank you.

I use modern technology quite a bit to find my way in today's world. But when it comes to hunting, there's no substitute for paper. I pick up 2 hard copies of the SD Public Hunting Atlas every year. Much more efficient. I've taught my girls to read maps, rather than rely on a computer voice to tell you where to turn next. It's not always correct. Maps give you a sense of where you are & where you're going.

For some reason, this really strikes me as funny. Thank you.

I use modern technology quite a bit to find my way in today's world. But when it comes to hunting, there's no substitute for paper. I pick up 2 hard copies of the SD Public Hunting Atlas every year. Much more efficient. I've taught my girls to read maps, rather than rely on a computer voice to tell you where to turn next. It's not always correct. Maps give you a sense of where you are & where you're going.
Maps are hard to read.

Back