Im scared

cowdog

I don't ever hunt in big groups, Normally just me and the dog maybe a friend or two but this weekend I'm invited to hunt with a group of local farmers. They say 20+ people. I have to go as this is a great opportunity to gain more access, But I fear for my life :eek:, Pray for me and my dog.

speak up before the hunt, set the ground rules, always walk as the outside man, if things get stupid, sit out a few fields and wait for the crowd to dwindle, the big fat guys will only walk a couple fields! :cool:

I usually hunt in groups around 10, but even then if I'm hunting with several dogs & people I'm not familiar with I leave the dog in the truck until I get a feel for things. Been with a few people I won't hunt with again.

speak up before the hunt, set the ground rules, always walk as the outside man, if things get stupid, sit out a few fields and wait for the crowd to dwindle, the big fat guys will only walk a couple fields! :cool:

HEY, HEY, HEY I walk till I drop!!!!!!! LOL

The only reason I won't walk, is if I already got a few in the bag and someone who was blocking wants to take my place. I will not walk the 6 and 7 foot high jungle crap for very long as that is what my dog is for, plus it really does suck!!One more thing, my Pappy once told me, "When you got a good tool, you have to build a shed around it" LOL:cheers:

I don't ever hunt in big groups, Normally just me and the dog maybe a friend or two but this weekend I'm invited to hunt with a group of local farmers. They say 20+ people. I have to go as this is a great opportunity to gain more access, But I fear for my life :eek:, Pray for me and my dog.

When you see the guns raise up , just duck !!!! Seriously, you will have a good time! Share some photo's with us!!!!!!:eek::thumbsup:

Thx 4 the comic relief guys! I've had JUST about enough sobering/serious talk to do me for the week...

Hey, this old fat boy can still hang all day long with the best of 'em! "I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed" & "I ain't as good as I once was", but sheer determination & endurance ain't ever been something I'm short on...All the young bucks on the softball team get a real hoot-&-holler out of how quickly I can still jiggle this big-@ss around the base pads, especially when the game's on the line! :p

A dog's nose on rooster-scent can keep me going for a long, LONG time! :cheers:

Hey now hunter94, that there is called a generalization and that's not nice.:D I may be 51 years old with a bum right knee, and I ain't seen the low side of 220 lbs since Colonel Sanders was a private, but I'll walk all day and still have enough left in me to make it to the closest suds shop when the hunting is done. I ain't no spring chicken but I ain't no lame duck either. My only problem is that I tend to slow down as the day goes on. All those birds in my vest tend to get a little heavy. I'll walk a field with you any day.:cheers:

The Hunts fallin apart which is alright by me. got lots of private and a hell of a dog...,.alls good. Yuma tomorrow

Rule one, introduce yourself, pay attention to names, make sure none of the shooters is named Cheney.

SOUND advice right there my friend!:thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone!

Back