IL birds

rascal

I work on weekends so this past week was my "opening" of the season. Monday was tough. Saw 4 roosters but didn't any shooting. Wednesday was very good. Limit of roosters pointed by my younger wirehair and 5 points on quail by my 12 yr old wirehair. Got 3 quail. Thursday was good day too....one pheasant shot over each dog's point....no quail found though. looking forward to next week!

Looks awsome man! I work weekends myself so i do a fair amount of during the week hunting too. Saw your mi woodcock pics. I make a trip to michigan every few years. Where geography wise(not asking for your spot) are pheasants in IL? I assume the northwest? I ask this because a friends parents have a farm about an hour NE of st. louis. Looks pretty quailish to me always thought about taking my dog out there and trying it.

THANKS....well...I live bout hour and half north of St Louis and where I hunt is another hour and half north...so your in the ball park :cheers:

Cool , hunted north dakota and wyoming earlier this year. Thought about stopping by there in IL and doing some scouting but ran out of time. Id be suprised if there arent a few quail on their farm. Going turkey hunting there this spring hopefully...

maybe I can check the area out for you :)

I had a really good quail season last year...this year isn't starting off as well. The birds I saw last week were very young late hatch birds. Makes sense from the late winter snow and ice and Spring rains. I'm just glad the birds nested again successfully . I did see mature birds but only running across the road.

Rascal thanks for posting your photos. I always love to see wild IL pheasants---dead or alive. lol

Nick

Back