If you are upset with SD

Chip

Come to Virginia for pheasants if you are upset with the road counts in South Dakota. There is no daily or yearly limit on the number of birds you can kill. Heck you can even shoot hens. There is a ton of government land to hunt and getting on private land shouldn't be a problem particularly in the mountains. Make sure you tell the owner you will leave the deer and turkeys alone. Oh I almost forgot , if you hear banjo music just keep going to the next farm.

Come to Virginia for pheasants if you are upset with the road counts in South Dakota. There is no daily or yearly limit on the number of birds you can kill. Heck you can even shoot hens. There is a ton of government land to hunt and getting on private land shouldn't be a problem particularly in the mountains. Make sure you tell the owner you will leave the deer and turkeys alone. Oh I almost forgot , if you hear banjo music just keep going to the next farm.

lmao now that's funny I always hear them when I go through manhattan ks woops did I say that I meant k state football:D

Last edited:

That a boy Chip! Out mowing travel lanes yesterday and seeing some REALLY young birds. Opener guys won't shoot them because they will have no color. Should be just right for week 4:cheers:

U: Here in WI I'm also seeing some young grouse and very young turkeys. Saw a hen with 8 polts this morning that were the size of a ruffed grouse.

We had a very wet, cold May and first half of June this year and I'm afraid a lot of chicks died, thus a second nesting by some hens. Woodcock numbers appear decent, but grouse numbers are down. I wonder if SD and IA had similar conditions?

U: Here in WI I'm also seeing some young grouse and very young turkeys. Saw a hen with 8 polts this morning that were the size of a ruffed grouse.

We had a very wet, cold May and first half of June this year and I'm afraid a lot of chicks died, thus a second nesting by some hens. Woodcock numbers appear decent, but grouse numbers are down. I wonder if SD and IA had similar conditions?

I was in WI over the weekend and saw the same. Thought those little turkeys would be really fun to hunt in the fall season and very tasty too.

Back