Hunting paintings -

Very nice. Ross' work is excellent and I would love to have some hanging on my walls.

A Kansas artist that I would also love to have on my walls is the late Wayne Willis. My friend in the beautiful Flint Hills has this one on his wall.

ElkCo22Jul07039Small.jpg

You would think a guy with the name of Maynard Reece would have some wildlife art on the wall from Maynard Reece.

http://www.maynardreecegallery.com/AboutMaynard.htm

Beautiful, God I love that picture. I wish I was rich instead of handsome.......Bob

Very nice. Ross' work is excellent and I would love to have some hanging on my walls.

A Kansas artist that I would also love to have on my walls is the late Wayne Willis. My friend in the beautiful Flint Hills has this one on his wall.

ElkCo22Jul07039Small.jpg

You would think a guy with the name of Maynard Reece would have some wildlife art on the wall from Maynard Reece.

http://www.maynardreecegallery.com/AboutMaynard.htm

Maynard, you'll have to excuse my ignorance but I didn't realize you were such an accomplished artist. You are a true renaissance man. I can only hope to own some of your work and meet you some day. I especially like your "Harvest In Harmony". I'm sure you've heard this before but "Good stuff Maynard.":10sign:

Maynard, you'll have to excuse my ignorance but I didn't realize you were such an accomplished artist. You are a true renaissance man. I can only hope to own some of your work and meet you some day. I especially like your "Harvest In Harmony". I'm sure you've heard this before but "Good stuff Maynard.":10sign:

Hate to disappoint, but the only thing Maynard Reece Byrd has in common with the 'Maynard Reece' are two names. I could only wish I had such talents. My biggest talent is providing habitat for the wildlife and occasionally I will take a decent photo.

Hate to disappoint, but the only thing Maynard Reece Byrd has in common with the 'Maynard Reece' are two names. I could only wish I had such talents. My biggest talent is providing habitat for the wildlife and occasionally I will take a decent photo.

Lol, well I did say you'll have to forgive my ignorance.:D But I still think you are a renaissance man for your knowledge of wildlife and conservation, and I still hope I can meet you some day.

Lol, well I did say you'll have to forgive my ignorance.:D But I still think you are a renaissance man for your knowledge of wildlife and conservation, and I still hope I can meet you some day.

So where in California are you?

So where in California are you?

Smack dab in the center. The San Jauquine valley, Madera Ca the wine and raisin grape capitol of the world. If you've ever eaten a sun maid raisin I probably know the farmer who grew it.

Smack dab in the center. The San Jauquine valley, Madera Ca the wine and raisin grape capitol of the world. If you've ever eaten a sun maid raisin I probably know the farmer who grew it.

Doubt if I will be your way anytime soon. This old farm boy gets pretty scared when I get more than fifty miles from home. Spent a couple days in Gilroy about eight years ago while attending my brother's funeral. He lived in San Jose and was buried in Los Gatos. His funeral was delayed, so my brothers, mother and I ran down to Oildale and Bakersfield to some old stomping grounds, then went up to the ranch which my parents worked for six years and was supposed to get until a marriage changed that and they moved back to Kansas. Two of my brothers were born in Bakersfield. My great aunt deeded the ranch to the YMCA in 1956 as I recall, but now is an environmental camp. It is about fifty miles NE of Bakersfield on the Kern/Tulare county line.

Would love to get back to California again, but don't foresee anything in the future.

Quail Hound,

I have bought my wife a fair number of one of your California neighbors over at Morgan Hill. My wife(me too) really likes Thomas Kincade. Of course, if it were up to me the wildlife artists like Ross Young would adorn all my walls.

Round these parts -- we have plenty of barn wood to choose from.

I have made some barn wood frames, but it has been a long time. Maybe in my retirement years, I can again. I am hoping for a wood shop and a metal shop.

Would love to see some of your framing.

Small world Maynard, I'm about 2hrs north of Bakersfield. Thomas Kincade is a wonderful artist and I too love his work. If you enjoy photography Pops Lavall is also wonderful. We may get a chance to meet someday as I am going to school right now and Baker university and K state are on my radar when I'm ready to transfer.

Small world Maynard, I'm about 2hrs north of Bakersfield. Thomas Kincade is a wonderful artist and I too love his work. If you enjoy photography Pops Lavall is also wonderful. We may get a chance to meet someday as I am going to school right now and Baker university and K state are on my radar when I'm ready to transfer.

Baker and K-State are good schools. I graduated from K-State, so a little prejudice. One son has a BS/MS from K-State, the other a BA/MBA from Washburn in Topeka, but he looked at doing his MBA at Baker. Nice country up there. What is your connection with those schools? What major?

I'm going to major in wildlife biology and both of those schools have very good programs. They both have study areas that they maintain a few other schools are also on my radar like Chico state here in California, but if I'm paying my own way through college I want the best possible education in my chosen field.

Back