How about going from smart phone back to basic phone..

Can't say I've used mine much chasing pheasant or quail but I won't go into the turkey field without it. The gps has been great on several occasions when a stubborn gobbler just won't come down off a ridge or cross a fence line. Nice to see how I can get around on him and cut him off if necessary, especially hunting new areas.

Im a year older than you Brittany, but like all things if you look at the phone as a tool and use it as its intended, all will get along.

The economics with my phone provider just dont make sense to have a non smart phone and I use mine for work A LOT.

Dont think Id want to go back to a standard flip phone. Whats nice about some of the new software is they have a programmable do not disturb feature. Works pretty nice.

LOL! Yeah you can't read into these comments. I'm 51 and a huge believer in the usefulness of smart phones etc....!

But then again, I never grew up!

I got my first computer in 90, useful to my businesses for sure. Got the box phone in 92. The first puter :eek: what a dinosaur compared to today's machines. Still VERY! useful. I've gone though quite a few puters since then. Now my Windows 8 touch laptop with Wi Fi does more then all the rest put together. Kids say" it's time for a smart phone". :confused::eek:

as a business owner I dont have a choice. Theres a lot of days I want to chuck it in the river..but cant.
This week I was in Minneapolis, Omaha, Des Moines and back. I cant make that trip with access to the net and email.

It certainly is a love/hate relationship though..

I had one at work before I bought my personal one. I was skeptical about them at first and whether I'd actually use them much for surfing the net or other stuff. I've found them to be a invaluable tool at work and very convenient all around. I look up parts and order parts on the phone. I can look up wiring/schematic diagrams online. I swipe credit cards for payment now instead of calling in the numbers over the phone. I've looked up maps while hunting before if I'm lucky enough to have service. I think they're a very useful tool. I couldn't even tell you the last time I used a computer for anything as everything I used to do on it I do on the phone now. My dad even got one and he's technologically challenged but he likes it.

I was at the Omaha airport yesterday and got a chuckle at the 80 y/o +/- couple sitting near me - she was yelling at him for not answering her question. He was playing some sort of game on his smart phone! :thumbsup:

Dang! :eek: You guys:eek:I'm getting a smart phone soon.

Don't mean I have to like it. :)

Probably? maybe? will figger it out.:confused: So far I do OK.:(

I like mine . . . it has captured "Kodak moments" when I didn't have a camera, warned me of weather extremes, Amber Alerts, etc., helped me to avoid wrong turns & find desired locations. With that being said, I still refer to it as my "much smarter than I am" phone . . .

My first job out of college the company bought me a pager to carry 24/7. You wanna talk about a hate-hate relationship! :mad: It beeped all dang day long, and then I had to decide if I was going to use my expensive personal cell phone minutes to check it, or go hit a pay phone. It was BS, and they knew it, they were just too cheap to pay for our cell phones...

I do NOT miss that POS pager!:D
:cheers:

Years ago when I was issued a pager & told to " . . . make sure you have it on & wear it all weekend . . . ," I let my Daughter wear it. She was delighted, I was happy, and she told me whenever it "buzzed."

Back