House for rent in Platte, SD

Karpntr

I have a cottage in Platte, SD available for rent to hunters and fishermen. Platte is 25 miles south of I-90 between Mitchell and Chamberlain. Just 15 minutes from public lands on Lake Francis Case.
Rent is $100/night. It sleeps 5+ with a queen, 2 twins and a hide-a-bed. Your dogs are welcome but keep things clean. Fully equipped kitchen. Drive-through driveway. Garage not included.
Pm me with any inquiries, or call me at 402-612-9735

Dean

Last edited:
That looks like a nice place. Is it in town or in the country? How is the hunting in the area?

Nice area, and there's birds around for sure. One of the biggest roosters I've seen in my life was about a mile out of town flying out of some prime obviously well managed property.

And....there's even a Pizza Ranch in Platte!! :)

I currently have it reserved for 10/30-11/2 and 11/12-11/14.

Booms Drive-In is good, too, and Shorty's has a good breakfast and a pretty good dinner.

Nice area, and there's birds around for sure. One of the biggest roosters I've seen in my life was about a mile out of town flying out of some prime obviously well managed property.

And....there's even a Pizza Ranch in Platte!! :)

Bad news--the Pizza Ranch went out of business as of Wed this last week---they could not get enough help to run it--seems no one wants to work----it is for sale if your dream is to come live in pheasant heaven :D

The bowling alley just closed for the same reason. Help is hard to find. The little ice cream shop has been having a breakfast buffet and some lunches on the weekend. I don't know if he stays open when it gets cold, though.

Bad news--the Pizza Ranch went out of business as of Wed this last week---they could not get enough help to run it--seems no one wants to work----it is for sale if your dream is to come live in pheasant heaven :D

NO!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Whats a pizza ranch? Similar to cici's or whatever where you can eat at a pizza buffet for $4.99? Talk about low expectations!!

When I want a "fat day," Pizza Ranch is the only option out there! It's a bit more than $4.99, generally around $7-8 for lunch and $10-12 for dinner. They have lots of pizza, obviously, but they have the BEST Broasted chicken ever, in addition to salad bar, fries, wedges, and a whole lot of other fat food. Their cactus bread desert pizza is to die for.

When I want a "fat day," Pizza Ranch is the only option out there! It's a bit more than $4.99, generally around $7-8 for lunch and $10-12 for dinner. They have lots of pizza, obviously, but they have the BEST Broasted chicken ever, in addition to salad bar, fries, wedges, and a whole lot of other fat food. Their cactus bread desert pizza is to die for.

I think that's a good way of summing it up.

Mike, there's a Pizza Ranch in Elkhorn if you're interested. Next time you drive through hit it up:D

Nick

Mike, there's a Pizza Ranch in Elkhorn if you're interested. Next time you drive through hit it up:D

Nick

I continue to chuckle as I read this thread. My wife and I ate at the Pizza Ranch in Elkhorn literally this past Saturday. And yep, most of the food is not so good for you (I pass on the salad bar...), but the food overall is pretty good for a buffet.

SDJIM

Looks like more doughnuts from the DutchOven Bakery :10sign:

I keep telling myself that the Dutch Oven is no good and really don't need it anyway---Darn I just don't listen very well----after all good pastry is one of the basic food groups--right? :):rolleyes:

I keep telling myself that the Dutch Oven is no good and really don't need it anyway---Darn I just don't listen very well----after all good pastry is one of the basic food groups--right? :):rolleyes:

Winter's coming Jimmy. It's time to put on that winter wait to keep worm in the field:D You know first hand how cold those SD winter winds can be.

Nick

Oh No where will we eat? I guess it is burgers and fries r the other restaurant!

Shorty's has gotten to be a pretty good all around place. Good breakfast, burgers to steak for dinner w/ salad bar.

Club Vega in Kimball is the place for a steak. Breakfast at Shortys is OK (tough to screw up breakfast)... Steak?? Unless they have changed... The last 2 years they could not get chicken right.

Back