Hot weather

I bet more has to do with the moisture the area is still getting versus the heat. Heat with no rain for an extended period of time will shorten the growing time and speed the harvest, heat and rain will prolong the corn drying for harvest sake.
I am sure someone here could post up some facts on this.

Too hot and we did not have a dew this morning. Bigger chicks can move to water but there are late chicks that will have a hard time in this heat and no dew. We need rain and or cool. Hot and dry will mature the crops.

Too hot and we did not have a dew this morning. Bigger chicks can move to water but there are late chicks that will have a hard time in this heat and no dew. We need rain and or cool. Hot and dry will mature the crops.

looks like some beneficial rains this morning west of Aberdeen...nice.

I thought it was crazy at how quick things dried up this year but when you get a week of highs in the 90's and no precip I guess it is understandable. I know corn prices spiked this week due to the hot weather.

After last years drought and heat in our area, and seeing my bird number rebound, I welcome the heat since we are hearing ample reports of recently hatched chicks and we have been missing the big heat for crops this summer.

This weather is nothing compared to last summer and there is some humidity in the morning air. New broods get a lot of moisture from their insect diet and there are plenty of bugs around. I think the average temperature in a brood house is about 90 or better I believe.

looks like some beneficial rains this morning west of Aberdeen...nice.

0.10 last night did not end the drought but it did give the chicks a badly needed drink or two for a day. Maybe enough humidity to get get the morning dew going again. Those little late hatch chicks will be in deep trouble without dew.

Back