Hot Spots

ks britt you may also add jason spillman in pamona ks, he trains field trial dogs and other dogs excellent person to know he is always willing to answer your question about anything . 785-566-8450

ks wiha

flush em hard rocky, how much public land does MN have? ks has a crapload, not sure how much exactly how much but it is everywhere.

I've had a chance to hunt in Gove county a couple of times and have always done good. We've got a buddy that has a house in Park, Ks and his brother lives up in Hoxie, the last name is Weimer. Anyway already looking forward to next season!

Tucker i live in grainfield that is only 10 minutes west of park we have probably bumped into each other on the road before,drop me a line and we will abolutely have to get together. 785-673-8120 call anytime:cheers:

Thanks for all the helpful posts guys. I'll call a couple of these guys and explain my situation and see if they can help. I do appreciate everyone's efforts (jayhawk, prarie drifter, and gove county britt)! That's what this site is all about:cheers:

I'm just sorry you're 4 hours away. I'm always looking for a training partner close by. Not many folks as dog nuts as I am in the neighborhood.

I'll have to say that the best dog (best according to desirable traits that a dog possesses) I've ever hunted behind was a shorthair/britt cross. Britts have great noses and are exceptional athletes. Shorthairs have the same traits plus brains and loyalty. I'm tired of watching my Britts hunt for themselves. My grampa used to stop that sort of behavior by shooting them in the @$$, but I ain't gonna do it. I don't like shock collars either, though I'm about to come around. I just want a dog that likes me enough to stay with me in the field and one that has enough composure not to chase the birds out the end. The 2 shorthairs I hunted behind this year put my Britts to shame (I'm not talking about scenting ability) in terms of behavior. I'm don't claim to be a good dog trainer, so I'll take some of the credit for my dogs' behavior; however, I don't have many of these problems out of my Griffon. Also, I would much rather have a shorthair in the house than a Britt. I say these things because I believe them to be true. I'm rather fond of Britts, but I'm tired of chasing them;) I don't think that crossing breeds "ruins" the characteristics of any breed. Crossing dogs with different traits is what has given us bird hunters the broad selection of dogs out there today.
Do I get to take this as a compliment KB?????

Indeed Kiotehntr; that is a compliment directed toward your companion Cody. That dog really has it together and was an abolute treat to hunt behind. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Indeed Kiotehntr; that is a compliment directed toward your companion Cody. That dog really has it together and was an abolute treat to hunt behind. Thanks again for the opportunity.
It was fun indeed, hopefully next season I'll have a whole lot less distractions to deal wiith so we can hit it hard and often. You all are welcome to hunt with my group whenever you want. Thanks again for the compliment about Kody...:thumbsup: :cheers:

KB

We talked earlier at the end of the season this year and almost hunted together. I have hunted alot behind both breeds. Alot of what makes a dog a big running dog or not depends on the breeding within the particular blood lines your dogs have. Some guys want a trialing dog with a lot of leg in them some breed for more of a foot hunters dog. Either way I think some good training can help get it under control. Use an e collar and have a trainer show you how. I use them on my GSPs and never hardly touch them. When I do touch them the stimulation is so low that if you were to feel it you would think your dog is a big pussy. I really hope we can hook up and hunt next season. If you do call trainers please give my uncle a call. He owns Baiers Den Kennels in Peculiar MO. It is a hunting preserve and training facility. He usually raises and sells a litter of GSPs and Britts every spring. He has 2 Britts for house dogs that will work 12 hours a day in the field. He does all of the training himself and shoots a ton of birds over them. It would be worth a Saturday afternoon visit to check out his facility. Wayne Baier of Baiers Den Kennels (816)779-5234.

Take Care

Sean

Thank you Sean. I'm going to be scheduling some training w/ someone soon as it is obvious that I'm not doing so well on my own. I really do appreciate the efforts here guys! I'll be sure to do something with at least one of the many great recommendations. Can't wait till next season:cheers:

We talked earlier at the end of the season this year and almost hunted together. I have hunted alot behind both breeds. Alot of what makes a dog a big running dog or not depends on the breeding within the particular blood lines your dogs have. Some guys want a trialing dog with a lot of leg in them some breed for more of a foot hunters dog. Either way I think some good training can help get it under control. Use an e collar and have a trainer show you how. I use them on my GSPs and never hardly touch them. When I do touch them the stimulation is so low that if you were to feel it you would think your dog is a big pussy. I really hope we can hook up and hunt next season. If you do call trainers please give my uncle a call. He owns Baiers Den Kennels in Peculiar MO. It is a hunting preserve and training facility. He usually raises and sells a litter of GSPs and Britts every spring. He has 2 Britts for house dogs that will work 12 hours a day in the field. He does all of the training himself and shoots a ton of birds over them. It would be worth a Saturday afternoon visit to check out his facility. Wayne Baier of Baiers Den Kennels (816)779-5234.

Take Care

Sean
I've actually been on a hunt at Baiers Den. KB this really is a great place, it's not but 2 hours from you. if you decide to make the trip call me and maybe we can hook up at the local chicken ranch for some beers...:cheers:

Hey gove county i am hardcore like you since my dad died i have never found anyone who hunted hard like him since man i love bird hunting! i got a few spots myself!

Back