hogs gone wild

iowa labs

have any of you watched this show? it is about hunting feral hogs using traps or dogs. the dogs usually have neck and chest guards. one group uses a great dane. it looks like the dogs grab the hogs bye the ears and hold them till the hunters get there. labs are a pretty versatile breed:thumbsup: but they would probly tear the first few birds up rite after a hog hunt:D. :cheers:

Chris,

Living in Texas, we have hogs and then more hogs. It is neat to see all the "hog dogs" and the people that hunt them along with the variety of ways to hunt them. Very interesting to say the least. I've only hunted them while deer hunting from a stand and feeder. Going up in the helo looks like tons of fun though.

Maybe we can team up Hogs Gone Wild with Girls Gone Wild, I'm sure the Outdoor Channel would love it. Might take airtime from "Gold Fever", or "Flyway Hiway". Instead of whack 'em and stack 'em, we'd have stacked, loaded, and ready for BBQ. Eat more pork.

roosterslayer thanks for the input. are the hogs any good to eat? in the show they talk about donateing the meat to food banks. but as for combineing girls gone wild with hogs gone wild i'm quite certain i'd loose my wifes support for watching the show:D! :cheers:

I like those hog shows, pretty good. Having to have my dog in armor would make me nervous. Ps for some reason I didn't know they had pheasants in Texas.

we use to have hogs gone wild on the farm. use to farrow in "A" houses in the grove.. cootie was too young to remember. had a dog that would watch gate when we cleaned feeding floors. was a little norwegian elkhound. no hog could get past that dog. when he got bored spike would let a pig out just so he could chase it and beat the crap out of it.

Abbydog,

We have a few pheasants in the panhandle of Texas. I haven't hunted them there yet though. My group travels to SD every year and most years I make a second trip somewhere (SD, KS, or IA). The travel is all part of it but yes I wish it wasn't so far.

I had a pit bull/ English mastiff mix I was going to run as a "catch" dog with the hound guys. He weighed about 110lbs at 10 months old but I loved him to much and he was to much of a sissy for me to ever run him. Best/ smartest dog I ever had, he was stolen from me at around 1yr old.:(

There already is a show with 2 "ladies" chasing hogs. There were a couple of things that caught my attention on these gals...:D:D They were quite gifted..

Back