Hello! New to the site.

A quick hello! Just joined in on this site. A pheasant hunter for over 25 years. I have hunted with labs all my life, but don't waterfowl much any more at all, so went with a Springer for my current dog. I look forward to getting used to the site and talking with everyone!

Welcome to UPH, There are a lot of hunters here that love Springer's you should be right at home. I hope to see you often and tell of your exploits.---Bob

Welcome!

Like Bob said, lots of Springer fans on the site. I ran Springers for over 30 years before I converted to Brittany's

Where are you located and where do you hunt?

Zeb

I am in Minnesota. I hunt mostly in the west central part of the state. I used to run down south to Iowa a few times a year, but now I am going to try and get a couple trips to SD in beginning next year. How about you?

I'm in Aberdeen, SD but I grew up in Canby, MN. I still go back to Canby a couple times a year and hunt with some old high school friends. I'm probably the only SD person that buys a license to hunt pheasants in MN. :)

So, tell me where does your handle "Flush 'Em Hard Rocky" come from? Is Rocky your Springer? I had to put my Rocky down last September. He was a 13 year old Brittany. I still miss that darn dog even though I have a 5 1/2 year old female and a 3 month old female at home.

Take care,

Dakotazeb

Last edited:
I have a questions what do we call you? What is your favorite upland shotgun? Mine shotguns are a 28 gauge and a 20.. Both are O/U's, I have a SxS 20 gauge. But it is getting hard for me to go back and forth anymore. I'll most likely sell it this fall.---Bob

Welcome to the site! As you can see, great folks here. Just a load of good info and stories too! Glad to have you! Hope you enjoy!

Rod:cheers:

I hunt with a couple different O/u's but actually really like my 12ga pump. I bought it years ago for duck hunting, but I only ended up duck hunting one more season after I bought it.

I have not hunted in SD before. I am hoping to avoid paying the huge bucks for an outfitter. Is it easy to find public land to hunt on without being crowded? Where is the best place to do so?

Well welcome, At first I was going to welcome you with a good old fashion ribbing like "Sorry to here about the Flabadore Problem", But then I realized you solved all your problems in life and got a Springer. Rock on. :laugh::D:10sign: The guy's here will agree with everything you have to say. :thumbsup:
Someone even gets to call this there job, "webguy", any problems just summon him.

I am in Minnesota. I hunt mostly in the west central part of the state. I used to run down south to Iowa a few times a year, but now I am going to try and get a couple trips to SD in beginning next year. How about you?

What part do you hang your hat, I am suffering in the Alexandria Area.

Fortunately SD has an abundance of public hunting areas. Waterfowl Production Areas, Game Production Areas and also Walk-in Areas. Even for us residents it is getting more difficult to get on private land. I hunt the public areas quite a bit and do okay. But then I enjoy spending several hours in the field with my dogs whether I harvest any birds or not. As long as the dogs get on some birds and get some nice points it's a successful day. But I rarely come home empty handed.

If you plan to come to SD I would wait until after the first 2-3 weeks of the season when some of the hunters have thinned out. If you go to the SD Game, Fish & Parks web site you can order an atlas that shows all the public areas. West and south of Aberdeen has always been a hot spot. Around Huron is also pretty good. I'm sure more guys will help you with where to go.

Good luck!

Welcom Flush'em; pay no never mind to the spelling and Chevy jokes. Some people just never let it go, anyway, "HOWDY" from Texas!

Welcome. Glad to have you. Hope you enjoy!

Rod:10sign:

Back