HELLO! Lurker finally registers!

cokid

I'm a loner by nature and don't join many forums, but since this is probably my #1 passion, I decided I would finally join. I've been reading threads here off and on for a couple years, and overall enjoyed them. I've been hunting pheas and elk most of my life, and added turkey, dove, grouse and assorted other small game in the last 15 years.

I'm Married with two younger kids now, which has cut down the # of species I go after, but I still get out after roosters 5-6 times a season. I've only hunted out of state once, many years ago, and have been quite happy with Colorado's output the last 10 or so years. Have found a few honey-holes on public land that have been pretty consistent, so I'm quite satisfied.

As I said, I'm a loner, and that means I hunt alone 95% of the time. Once in a while I get a hankering to try to "share the wealth", especially when I've had a good hunt, but it always seems to backfire. Case in point, second to last weekend last year, I went out and limited by 7:30 on Saturday, and 10:00 on Sunday. Saw a ton more birds to boot. So, I invited two different brothers-in-law and one nephew the next (final) weekend. I got one bird before I met up with them - then nobody so much as shot off any feathers the rest of the weekend! They had a good time anyway, but I was sure frustrated for not being able to get them into the flushes the way I had the week before.

Every year it's a struggle to talk myself out of going out for opening weekend. I really don't like hunting in or near crowds, but I'm dying to get in the field as well. The effects of my first season elk hunt (I got a nice cow) are wearing off, so we'll see if I'm successful in that or not!

Sorry for this long, rambling intro post - I'll try to keep them shorter after this! Anyway, glad to be here, on both sides of the reader board.

I'm a loner by nature and don't join many forums, but since this is probably my #1 passion, I decided I would finally join. I've been reading threads here off and on for a couple years, and overall enjoyed them. I've been hunting pheas and elk most of my life, and added turkey, dove, grouse and assorted other small game in the last 15 years.

As I said, I'm a loner, and that means I hunt alone 95% of the time. Once in a while I get a hankering to try to "share the wealth", especially when I've had a good hunt, but it always seems to backfire

cokid, Well great to have you finally decide to join. Nice work. Well, hopefully you find the forum useful and meet up with some locals in your area. There are some good guys on the forum. :thumbsup:

Welcome to UPH, I am loner a lot also. Even my dog likes it best when it is just the 2 of us. Keep dropping by enjoy seeing you here.........Bob

Welcome CoKid, Hope you post often and find the passion to share your experiences, either with friends or with a camera!!!!:cheers:

Glad to have you. You gotta kind of be a loner to hunt anyway. Groups can somtimes hinder you. You won't find that here though. You made the right decision. Welcome :cool:

Welcome. To the site:thumbsup:

Back