Hello from MN

Odessa

Hello all from sunny and warm Minnesota. I'm green as a dollar bill to pheasant hunting, got hooked last year and would like to learn as much as I can about it.
Came across this forum, seems like friendly, knowledgeable people populate this site, who can answer some questions.

Welcome and ask away. Things get slow around here from time to time so questions are welcome. :cheers:

Welcome from neighboring South Dakota. I'm originally a Minnesotan!

Tell us about yourself. Wher you are from in MN, guns, dogs, and anything else you care to share.

Lived in South metro for past 20 years, moving to Andover at the end of May, which should make my trips up North more pleasant. Guns... there is a few, never enough. Old and trusty 16ga 870 Wingmaster is never too far, grouse hate it, makes fun of it all the time. Owned dogs for better part of my life, never a hunting dog however. Looking to get a pup in June, my biggest worry and concern, since I have 0 experience in training a gun dog. Hopefully I can learn enough on the subject and with help from a reputable training school my family will have a great new member.
Still haven't made up my mind on the breed, I like GSP, but think that for Minnesota waterfowl in late October/November it's not the best choice. Wife can't stand the looks of GWP and I'm old enough to know when to pick fights. Leaning towards a pointing lab as a versatile gun dog, but feel like I'm stereotyping a little, due to lack of knowledge about other breeds such as a spaniels and Britts. I will have to admit there is a total harmony in the family about a lab puppy.

Thank you! I wish I came across it earlier and would join you guys on that outing to Sand Pines. From the pic's you guys had fun. :10sign:

If you want we all would like to go back again i'm sure:D

Welcome:cheers:

Welcome to the site:cheers:

I have next 3 weekends open, if there is an group going, count me in.
Probably be better to post in a original thread tho... :)

Back