Hello from Germany

german_jeep_2003

Nice to be here,

I am currently stationed overseas with the United States Army. Came across this website and after trolling around figured I would sign up. Born and have hunted near Spokane Washington and re-located to Amarillo Texas prior to joining the service. Been Overseas ever since. We will be heading back to the great United States hopefully within the next year and the first thing that I look forward to is hunting upland birds once again.

Never hunted as an adult due to deployments and overseas duty assingments but I am eager. I am ready to pick your minds and see what I need to do to get set up for my first hunt when we hit the great USA.

Don't mean to be long winded, just want to say hello!

Looking forward to talking and picking many of your minds.

Last edited:
HALLLLOOOOOOO! ......AND WELCOME!
.....thught I should yell, you're a long ways from home my friend!...:)

Long way!

We are a long way from home, but I can already smell the states! IHOP and the great USA!!!! The one and only! Thank you for the welcome and can't wait to find out more about this sport!:cheers:

It has been my pleasure to serve in the US Military! I can not think of anything better!

Germany has had it's great points, My wonderful wife (German), great dog (BOXER) and beer!

Happy to be part of your forum!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site and thanks for your service to our country. Where are you stationed in Germany? When I was in the Army 40 years ago I was stationed in Landstuhl.

Thanks for joining AJ. I'm out in South Dakota chasing the birds around this weekend.

- Webguy

I have moved around the country a few times. We were in Schweinfurt, Hohenfels, Grafenwoehr and now we are at last home for now in the southern Alps Garmisch. No duty sation could be better.

really wish I was there webguy chasing birds with you!

Thanks you guys!

Welcome to the site and more so, thank you for your service. Let us know where you're looking to hunt and what and I'm sure people can point you in the right directions.

I am really wishing I were there for Pheasant season. But it looks as if I will yet miss another. We are waiting on orders to head back to the states.

I thank you for your nice words about the military time. I am now currently a Civilan working for the Military. I served for 10 years and retired with a medical discharge. I do not want to mislead ya'll in anyway to make you think I am still active duty. Sorry for the confusion. I am however trying to do my part as a military civilian.

I have never hunted waterfowl which I would like to change! :D
And it has been many years since I have hunted but I am trying to change that. Pheasent hunting will take me back to the "good days" with my father.
I am looking forward to all of your info and maybe someday being able to be apart of your hunting groups if at all possible.

Thanks again for all your nice comments.
:cheers:

Welcome to UPH, from a Spokane hunter. Thank you for your service, I was one them swab jockeys, from the Korean War era. I never got to Korea, but served 18 months, while it was still hot. Good luck on your future adventures, come home safe and sound..............Bob

Sorry for the belayed Hello.
I have a boxer pup also. Great pets not the best hunting partner but they are fun.
Thanks for your service:thumbsup:

Back