Heading to Ft. Hood

german_jeep_2003

The day has come,

We got our orders to Ft. Hood Tx. We are both excited and nervous. It will be the first time my wife and I have lived in the states in 11 years.

She has never been there except for vacation! Should be interesting.
The US Army has given me a report date of 5 December.

Not sure how long until I am hunting but!!!! Hope not long!

The day has come,

We got our orders to Ft. Hood Tx. We are both excited and nervous. It will be the first time my wife and I have lived in the states in 11 years.

She has never been there except for vacation! Should be interesting.
The US Army has given me a report date of 5 December.

Not sure how long until I am hunting but!!!! Hope not long!

Good to hear! Hope you make it back for bird season....it should be a good one:thumbsup:

AJ, welcome to Texas! I am just about an hour away. Our flyfishing club sponsers a fly tying workshop for the wounded soldiers.

Is your wife's family all from Germany? That's probably tough on her leaving them all to come live in the states, if so. I wish you all the best. Welcome home and good luck on your hunting.

Onpoint

Her family is all living here! But when we got married she knew this was going to happen, just did not have a date! She is very German, but as grown on the idea of being a Texas girl. My family lives in Granbury Texas about 2 hours north and she already has a job lined up! Things are going smooth for now, I know there will be bumps in the road! But, with deployments and other military stuff, a move over the pond will be easy! We have not lived near her family for about 6 years. And it is about a 7 hour drive to them from us, so a 9 hour flight is nothing!!!!

Hunting might be on the back burner for now, got to get settled in. But we will see!

Thanks for all your nice thoughts.

Thanks Sallysue. Where is Belton located? How is the crop this year? Hope to get a hunt in when we return~!

Last edited:
Step father said we could head up toward Stevenville for some upland hunting. Won't know when until we get the move taken care of. The Army is not speeding anything along (NORMAL).

Thanks

I am sure that I will have much to say once I do get out in the field. It has been many years since I have been able to hunt! Non-stop talking after my first day I promise!

Thanks ya'll

ft. hood

I work for the BNSF rr and work thru Ft.Hood and have seen several very big
bucks between the rr and hwy 190, and also on the hood side of the rr, but
don't know about that part being allowed to hunt, I have seen bow hunters
there in the past though, and good luck.

ft. hood

If you were asking me that, I have worked for them for 37 years but I work from Sweetwater to Temple and worked into Temple out of Galveston in the 70,s

Got my flight info today! will be on the ground kissing Texas soil on the 3rd of December in DFW! Will be in Granbury trying to beat jet leg for a few days before work starts on the 6th. Still no date for the wife and the dog, but hopefully the great US of A will not let me down and make this a fast and easy transition for them.

Thanks for all the great input. Should be a good time once we get settled.

:)

Back