headed to nw mo in the morning

I am headed nw in the morning will have a report sunday night maybe some pics tim e to pass out Halloween candy ringing my door off:)

nw mo

Ok here goes I arrived at bilby about 7 in the morning I come to the first public parking lot 7 trucks there lol don't wanna hunt there anyway next spot 3 don't wanna hunt there next spot just 1 I like that spot saw lots of tracks last year but didn't have luck so I turn to check the back side of where I wanna hunt wow! 6 trucks no thanks so I go back to where theres 1 truck pull up close to him ans his buddy ask him which way he is going he said straight back I said to myself perfect I wanna go left hot damn I am in business!!! as I am getting boots and pants all that bs on I hear quail whistlening wow cant get dressed fast enough for ziggn and zagging ok guys hold on no shit hear I don't take 60 steps and a rooster takes off cackle cackle and take your medicine first shot on the public ground in the morning lol I keep walking e on the edge of the corn I see a rooster cackiling flying right at me lands about 60 yards away and starts crowing I reel newt in he gets in front of me and bink he has stuck him I walk over more medicine for #2 lol I havnt hunted 35 minutes and ive gotten my limit of roosters unreal!!!!I tried hunting quail the rest of the day and got one and know other roosters seen ineed a powerball ticket quickly Ok day2 woke up a little late im sore I take off forget my money back to the motel I go lol I said bryan relax don't make a job of this have fun I get to bilby about 8 so what have fun I hit the first field no luck I am leaving to try another spot and this is where the light bulb hits home god im so smart I see to hunters walking the edge of corn they are in the crp I am just sitting there watching with the engine off relaxing and I hear roosters crowing in the corn I said to my girlfriend there not going to kill sh%$ the birds are in the corn so I have a plan next spot, and by the way sat know one was there hardly ok so I say bryan your going have to get them out of the corn so I tell my girlfriend lets circle this corn field not a huge one but I could take half of it with newt and maybe push one into the crp sure enough I get to the crp and newt come down on point BINK I walk over cackle medicine taken one in the bag I do the exact thing on another corn field BINK 2 in the bag to easy i say but not really, as were walking back to the truck a covey of quail get up about 100 yards away weird? I seen where they went lead newt over and another point and 1 quail that's all we found on to my private ground. We get there and this is land ive hunted for over 20 years with my dad were walking the edge of a field and newt come down on point I try to get my girlfriend over there and nothing? must be running newt relocates and bam hes go something my girlfriend walks up and cackle cackle and she misses rats I wont say what happened after that but that rooster did get some medicine if not off of a point he gets a pass but anyway hes dead so we have gotten 3 today after that I knew a covey of quail lived close around there but hadn't found them for years newt comes down on the edge come back in the crp and bam hes down again up comes a big covey about twenty to twenty five birds I slam two and newt retrieved them both he pointed some other singles and got a few more one of the best weekends I have had in mo in a long time wish my dad was here to see it but I remember those were the exact spots that him and I found 20 years ago I miss you dad so much On our way back to the motel room we see a bald eagle sitting in the tree and I got pics for you guys of the eagle and of newt pointing and of my ugly a65$# enjoy pete and jeff thanks for telling me where to go but I never made it there enjoy everyone.ps I tell myou what if it wasn't for the new garmin I would not have gotten one of those roosters at bilby still figuring out how to use it but my gosh you always know where your dog is at genious day3 we blanked saw just one hen and I checked the miles on the dog just for today he went 12.5 miles so I did give a pretty good effort hunted til 10 so im guessing fri and sat we tripled that enjoy the pics

Bald eagle NW MO

1st day at Bilby back at motel room

Newt pointing singles on private 2nd day

Newt pointing singles 2nd day on private

Newt pointing big covey of birds 2nd day of hunt

Bilby and private land 2nd day

Are you sure you didn't accidentally drive to sd?:D:D. Excellent work Bryan, kinda felt like the good old day's I'm sure. I miss my dad every fall too.

I havnt hunted 35 minutes and ive gotten my limit of roosters unreal!!!!

That's what I told you last week I did up there in 2009 and you called me a liar. ;)

Good job.

I got out here locally yesterday and had points on 2 coveys of quail and a point on a single in a bit under 3 hours. Trucks parked at every corner of the property.

After 3 days in public field I've seen 2 coveys and probably 15 phez. Bagged 1 rooster and the smallest quail, felt bad when picked it up but flushing it looked normal so didn't chase the singles.

Back