Hayes lodging

Gellas is a micro brewery with lots of very good food , Halisco” s Mexican restaurant good , the pheasant inn is good eating , lodging abounds :

Not in Hays, but the Days Inn in Russell was where we stayed this past weekend. Nothing fancy, but it was adequate. I think it was $10 per dog per night.

You guys like chicken fried steak. If I am going out I am buying the most expensive ribeye or tbone on the menu. I can have a cheap old chicken fried steak anytime at home. Jalisco's, Gella's, the Golden Q in hays. Or run down to the Hill at Timken. You can get a ribeye for $20 Al's is horrible now a days. I ate there back in the spring and watched the cook walk across the street in his apron to the liquor store. Not as clean with the new owners. Used to be good years ago.

You guys like chicken fried steak. If I am going out I am buying the most expensive ribeye or tbone on the menu. I can have a cheap old chicken fried steak anytime at home. Jalisco's, Gella's, the Golden Q in hays. Or run down to the Hill at Timken. You can get a ribeye for $20 Al's is horrible now a days. I ate there back in the spring and watched the cook walk across the street in his apron to the liquor store. Not as clean with the new owners. Used to be good years ago.

Agree. We always go out in Dodge and some of the guys do get CFS. I.m a medium rare guy with loaded baked. Calf fries for appetizer.

As a casual observer, it seems to me that the major thing defining a "good" chicken fried steak is the size of the portion. I've never seen one described in glowing terms if it wasn't hanging-off-the-edge-of-the-plate huge. Glad you guys like them; leaves more room on the grill for the real steaks.

Back