Happy to be here from - Oklahoma/CA

BenBelly

I have a renewed interest in shotgun sports, especially pheasant/upland hunting. With help and inspiration from everyone here I think just getting ready for next season will be great fun. - Bill

Welcome Bill, and hope you jump in with both feet!!!:cheers:

Welcome pull up a stool and enjoy.

Now on a more serious note: OU or OSU

BB,
You’re on the wrong team for me! But I won’t hold that against you (only in a Bedlam Game). A few years back, the Quail population used to be pretty darn good around your neck of the woods. You can get into some good Pheasants on a tank of fuel by crossing into KS.

Welcome to the site. I see you said Oklahoma/ Ca does that mean California?

Quail Hound - Currently working in California, LA area, until August or so, will then be back in Oklahoma. Hopfully for keeps!

I see. Please don't get the wrong impression of our wonderful state from that area, its not all like that. In fact I live in the heart of the ag capital of the world, the central valley.

Quail hound - We've driven through the central valley and up the coast and I agree that California is a beautiful state and I'm sure with lots of good hunting in the central and northern part of the state. My only California hunting experience was an opening day dove hunt out in Blythe. That experience was one I'll never forget. Regardless, we love the weather here and being close to the ocean and will miss it all when we get to Oklahoma.

Wow, I hear opening morning of dove season can get hectic down their. There are a lot of quail down in that area in the washes near the Colorado river. Enjoy the rest of your stay and make a trip to Yosemite if you have time.

Welcome to the best Upland website on the Internet.......Bob

Back