Happy Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving all. Today I will be taking my grandsons to our annual put and take thanksgiving pheasant hunt. Afterwards my darling wife and I will cook our annual pheasant dinner, watch some movies and have a couple cocktails. So yes, I am very thankful!!

Looks like a great morning for a quick Thanksgiving Day bird hunt! Going to a place I haven't been to this season, a spot my buddy has. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving! I also hope most of us can sneak-in an outing (or 4!) of bird hunting! I now have to get the "big bird" prepped and in the over, right before I head-out.

Edit: It was a nice morning to hunt, and had a great Thanksgiving Day, added new post under the "2022 season photos Iowa"

Last edited:
Looks like a great morning for a quick Thanksgiving Day bird hunt! Going to a place I haven't been to this season, a spot my buddy has. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving! I also hope most of us can sneak-in an outing (or 4!) of bird hunting! I now have to get the "big bird" prepped and in the over, right before I head-out.
Good luck remy. I think everyone on this sight old-timers and younguns should be thankful for the desire god gave them to hunt and the legs to have made it happen and a life with a couple good dogs in it.

Thanks BD, you summed things up nicely! We need to enjoy these type of activities while we can. It sounds like you have a great day coming your way too. I am looking forward to a different bird on the menu this morning (and trying to get a T-Day limit)!

Happy Thanksgiving, and best of luck on your hunt! I'm at work today, but I will be hunting the next four days. Hoping to get my 10 year old his first pheasant over the long weekend.

Happy Turkey Day, I'm very thankful i found this sight years ago and have had the pleasure of meeting and hunting with a few of you. Smoked pheasant is on the menu for today!20221124_155923.jpg

Last edited:
Swamp, Show us your campsite please.
Nothing to look at. A friend rented a house and our trailer is parked in the alley behind it,not scenic. We usually end up in fairgrounds,they have great camping with generous rules and great amenities like hot showers, usually cheap with electricity. This year the alley has worked out for us because the town all 200 souls has enough houses to block the wind which has been a real issue this year. Usually we move on every few days, but this year this area was decent so we stayed longer. Did add a couple more birds for tomorrow night to the fridge today. Man that smoked pheasant looks great, we just sauté ours today.

Back