Guzzlers map Comanche Nat. Grassland

Headed down to the Grasslands to try one last go at scaled quail. I was shown a map of guzzler locations down there by a local at the bar and have not been able to located it online. Wondering if anyone here has some insight on where it can be found.

No clue other than marking them on onyx…. I’ve got 50 or more marked on the grass lands. Every road on the grasslands leads to water or a homestead.

No clue other than marking them on onyx…. I’ve got 50 or more marked on the grass lands. Every road on the grasslands leads to water or a homestead.
Sounds like I will have to start making my database. Headed further South this time around but main focus will be ducks on the Arkansas - out of Lamar. If i stumble on them it will be great - otherwise ill just focus on marking spots for next year.

If they are actually on USFS land, then the ranger district should have them mapped. With USFS, sometimes you have to dig a bit to get the information, but I'll bet they have it. The district office is in Springfield, CO.

There is a map with guzzlers marked on the Kansas side(Cimarron National Grasslands), would think there would be something similar for Comanche.

Thanks for the info guys. I will call the office and see what i can find. If i do get a map i will post it here on the thread.

I know where a few are, never mapped them, just remembered. But the scalies in the SE are getting more and more scarce, IMO, while the Bobs are increasing. Any CO quail hunters feel the same?

Back