Gun action sites and Facebook gun for sale pages.

onpoint

Used near new guns...lots of them for sale for $100 off new price. Does a warranty mean nothing to anybody?

Like a new Browning A5...100,000 round or 5 year warranty. Can't see buying used for a $100 less and no warranty.

If the gun is no longer made and is desirable I can see it holding that kind of value.

Trade in value has really taken it in the shorts. Seems places want to make several hundred on a trade when they sell it.

Tougher and tougher to make a good deal now.

Agreed or greed!!!lol.... Good to hear from you OP!!! I do agree on these prices and gun selling/trade sites... every so often there is a good deal, but it is something I am not in the market for!!!:cheers:

Agreed or greed!!!lol.... Good to hear from you OP!!! I do agree on these prices and gun selling/trade sites... every so often there is a good deal, but it is something I am not in the market for!!!:cheers:

:thumbsup: Hello my friend, good to hear from you.
:10sign:

You would be surprised...I bought a Mossberg 835 that was in pieces with parts missing. It was in a box with some other gun "paraphernalia " that I wanted. I thought WTH, and sent it to El Paso. It showed up on my front door good as new...NO CHARGE. I couldn't believe it. I even called to make sure and they said no charge. Guess you get lucky sometimes.

Most of the Facebook sales around here are either total crap, hi-point or jiminez pistols, or priced higher than new. I've seen a few bargains, either for what I wasn't interested in, or I was too late. Saw a Savage 99F in .250 Savafe with a decent scope sale for $600. Too late, or I could have doubled my money, but id have kept it. Saw a pair of 390 berettas, 12 and 20, walnut, for $350 each. Late as well.

I won't buy new online if it only saves me $50. Rather keep the local guy in business so he can do transfers for me when I do find the killer deals or rare ones.

Tons of variables will go into how much I'll spend on a used gun. Condition, rareness, quality of wood, timing, etc.

I should sell out a bunch of guns but just seems the market is soft for older quality lead shot guns. I'm not sure it will ever come back. The younger generation likes choke tubes and black plastic. Facebook gun for sale sites, like cheesy said. Hi Point, SKS, Mosin's and other cheap stuff selling like mad but nobody's getting rich on the stuff. Non of it I would want. Savage bolts, Mossberg shotguns, lots of Turkish made stuff. My group of gun enthusiasts that like what I do is shrinking I believe.

Back