Gucci Time

If you only hunt with 1 partner, you automatically are in a line. Which makes a lot of people

What chance does a pheasant have when 20 guys are blazing away at it? The sun has to shine on a dogs ass once in a while.Those guys are not good hunters.
Goose, I agree. Not fair chase for the birds period. It typical is just a slaughterfest. Of course we will hear from some that it doesn't effect the populations of birds at all. If that were true, there would be no limits on birds.

Last edited:
Roosters been dodging pushers and blockers longer than anyone of us have been alive.
Seems it's not how the majority of us like to hunt, but as long as your legal, to each his own.
We all know the real reason for the decline of bird populations, and it has nothing to do with harvest.

Unless a 16ga pump is Gucci... I'm safe.

I like nice things. My truck is 8 years old but at one point it was new. It is still nice, shiny and runs great. I like the feel of a quality made gun in my hands. I can't afford the Italian ones but I save my nickels and buy what works for me. I keep the gun clean and free of rust. I like to hunt with my buddies. Sometimes it is two or three of us sometimes more. The hunt many times is about the friendship, the scenery, seeing and killiing a few birds, and making fun of guys when they miss. You could call that Gucci, or you could just say here is a guy who enjoys life his way. I will probably never hunt with the famous Goosemaster, but if we did I think he would say I am a fairly decent guy who is an average shot, and a guy who cares for his dogs.

I hunt with an Italian Benelli, either a 12 ga M2 or a 20 ga M2. I like those third and fourth shots. I have brush pants and a shock collar, and sometimes I wear a jacket that has patches on the forearms, elbows and shoulders (in some type of suede), and a nice Bird 'n' Lite vest with whistle and collar controller. When I get all gussied up I often like to think of myself as a "dandy"!! Probably the same thing as a Gucci.... My gloves give me away though, just plain old mechanix gloves. And I run labs, which I would not consider a "Gucci" kind of dog. Maybe a "dandy" is just part way to being Gucci??

Roosters been dodging pushers and blockers longer than anyone of us have been alive.

Last season we drove by a small private field, maybe the size of 2 football fields. There must have been 10+ guys, some along the road edge, some along the tree line and some blocking at the end. Three dogs and a few guys forming a "skirmish line" in the middle at the other end All dressed to the nine's. Gucci for sure.

No lie! We stopped and watched watched the dogs and guys move on down the field and a rooster flushed from behind them. They never saw iit! I wanted to yell "Rooster" out the window just to pi$$ them off :)

Seems it's not how the majority of us like to hunt, but as long as your legal, to each his own.
We all know the real reason for the decline of bird populations, and it has nothing to do with harvest.

Unless a 16ga pump is Gucci... I'm safe.
I agree that habitat is critical. If harvesting birds in large numbers doesn't have an effect on the population, then why do states have limits on birds per day etc ? Let's ask Prairie Drifter about that, that is his field of expertise. Defies common sense.

Last edited:
There’s groups of guys that hunt a field like a well oiled machine and then there’s the other 90 percent who out there pissing in the wind.
If there are few birds they are not going to kill anything I’d argue a group of two of three guys will kill as many if not more.

When I hunted Kansas on public ground I saw what large groups can do. It was not usual to find remains of 20+ birds on a pretty regular basis on public ground at parking spots. It made an impression on me. What state prohibits large groups from hunting now?

Damn I was really sweating waiting on this reply. Glad to say I don’t check any of those boxes! Oh wait a second. I only hunt with one buddy and with just two of us there is always a line no matter what direction we walk. Does that put me in to Gucci classification??
No

Goose, I agree. Not fair chase for the birds period. It typical is just a slaughterfest. Of course we will hear from some that it doesn't effect the populations of birds at all. If that were true, there would be no limits on birds.
I saw a video on utube where 15 shots were fired at a bird! Eventually some sorry sob scratched him down.

What state prohibits large groups from hunting now?
I'm not aware of any state that prohibits the size of the group that can go hunting, at least in the upland hunting realm.

Hunting big game is different obviously, many states prohibit party hunting so you have to shoot your own animal. I've seen some pretty large groups of waterfowl hunters set up together on a field hunt.

I'm not aware of any state that prohibits the size of the group that can go hunting, at least in the upland hunting realm.

Hunting big game is different obviously, many states prohibit party hunting so you have to shoot your own animal. I've seen some pretty large groups of waterfowl hunters set up together on a field hunt.
I just think a guy should be able to go out with one or 2 other guys.You don't need 20 guys!

Back