GSP hunting vest

Birddog2566

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a hunting vest for a GSP that fits well for this breed? With their barrel chest and thinner mid section, I can’t find one that fits mine to my liking. Any suggestions?

Try this one. I've had very good luck with them.

I like Cuga vests for my Drahts and wish they made one that would fit a Teckel (hunting wirehair dachshund). I have a medium-narrow and it fits my female Drahts (58 lbs) perfectly. I think their regular size is more sized for big Labs where as the narrow fits the German versatile best

I use a vest from Scheel's for my Vizsla and GSP. I like them and they fit well.

One of my springers has a deep chest and very narrow stomach. The Scheels vest fits him well.

Sylmar for the win. I've tried them all and have stitched or stapled up many a GSP...but never with the Sylmar. Great vest.

my brit is built like a gsp. got a great fitting vest from cabela's. she weighs 37 and the medium was perfect and it's light weight. the cylmar vest shown above in dakatozeb's post looks similar if not the same.

my brit is built like a gsp. got a great fitting vest from cabela's. she weighs 37 and the medium was perfect and it's light weight. the cylmar vest shown above in dakatozeb's post looks similar if not the same.
The Sylmar is very similar to the Cabelas vest. I've had both, but the Sylmar is build much better and lasts longer.

The Sylmar is very similar to the Cabelas vest. I've had both, but the Sylmar is build much better and lasts longer.

how about the weight/thickness of fabric? i like the cabelas for its light weight although i'm sure you're right, it won't last as long

how about the weight/thickness of fabric? i like the cabelas for its light weight although i'm sure you're right, it won't last as long
The Sylmar may be a little heavier but not much. Once it's been worn a few times you won't know the difference.

Back