GSP available to good home.. non-breeder

Goatman

Hello,
A friend of mine contacted me about finding a home for her sister's GSP here in Colorado. I understand that the registered male of 1 year has been through obedience school, but hasn't been officially trained for the field, although showing great interest in stalking the tweety birds in the yard..

I am not able to take the dog, (Cassidy still has some years left, and the future wife hinted it wouldn't be a good idea on my part :rolleyes:), so, I thought I would reach out to my fellow hunters to see if we could find him a new home.

I understand that the current humans, are headed to Houston at the end of the month, and they will not be able to keep him in the new location.

He is Black with a small tuff of white on the chest.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I can provide a contact number if you are indeed interested.. would prefer a local connection.. we are in northern Colorado..

Goatman..

Omg

I took this dog out and put him on a bird for the first time... We planted 3 Chuckers in a small field. We then started at the opposite end and pointed him into the wind...

less than 50 feet into the field, he picked up a scent.. head down, nose to the ground.. he was going away from the planted birds... then he went birdy... all of a sudden, the ground exploded as a covey of quail exploded..

Stared back in the field.. nose down.. he promptly followed the Chucker scent to an area of cover... boom.. rock hard.. One of the most impressive points I have seen.. every muscle on this bad boy was exposed.. what a fine chiseled pointer. And the Black shinning in the sun was just a sight to see..

He found and pointed every bird we planted.... remember, this was his first exposure to live game birds.

We then fired a few 45's in the air... didn't phase him at all...

with the pedigree that this dog has.. breed 4 generations back with black as the dominant color, on the father's side.. he also has every other generation black on the mother's side...

Wish I would have taken the camera... Damn it!

Goatman

If you are unable to find someone to take him try calling Steve Chang with Godfather Gundogs. http://www.godfathergundogs.com/ Steve is located just south of Denver. If the dog has a very good pedigree Steve may be willing to take him, train him and then place him. Good luck.

Gunner has a new home..

Gunner Rico Diamond has a new job... Gunner will be working for you at the Long Meadow Game Reserve in Eastern Colorado.. If someone is interested in Breeding him.. best to contact them .. before he gets cut... unbelievable GSP..

Goatman

Thank you for finding a good home for an orphaned dog. Well done, sir.

Back