Good weekend of hunting

OKIEGunner

So far the last four times out, I have managed to stay into birds. At a minimum of four to five covey's in a few hours. A little windy and somewhat dry conditions but other than that few complaints. The birds did very well through the last two ice storms, have yet to find a covey with less than 15 birds.

Had two young dogs on the hunt today, the light bulb seemed to go one with one of the dogs. She had her first pointed covey today. Need to work on the honoring. Tough windy day for the pups, but overall great training for them.

Heading out tomorrow for awhile. We've had some good moisture, so I should get good dog work.

This past week has become a very productive week. Lots of good dog work and a few first points by the new pup. No pictures as it's been a handful with a new dog on the ground. The Biblical Quail are still in great numbers. Just wish that there was a few less Hawlks around.

Had a great last weekend. Things started to click with the new pup and the veteran dog really hunted hard. Killed 17 birds in three days. Killed a limit Friday. Great way to end the season. This time last year I thought my quail hunting days werw over. Here's to great weather across the Great Plains this summer!

Back