Good deal for somebody! FREE DOG! Needs a home!

bknight

Ok, now that you might be looking here's the deal: I am posting this here for a friend, in hopes of uniting this dog with somebody who will be happy and gain a new hunting partner. I have permission from the owner to do this and hope it is ok to do it here on this forum. If not, mods please let me know and either remove it or I will.

This is a "FREE to a good home" situation. I'm working on getting a picture or two of this dog, but I'll have to add them after I get them. the owner is know to me and is a "straight shooter" so he will discuss privately why he wants to place this dog for free. I have seen his dogs and know they are well cared for and he is a reputable person. I will go so far as to say that if I could I would take this dog in a heartbeat! He will be a good hunting companion, but not a good dog for breeding because of his health issue. I am a retired Veterinarian and I'm just saying this to say he's a started dog, very beautiful and stylish on point and a good hunter. I consider his problem to be not insignificant, but certainly not insurmountable, and is reasonably easy to manage. Now , all that having been said the owner asked me to post his email if you are interested. You may contact me privately if you wish as well and I will tell you what I know about his condition and my thoughts about it. All this sounds scary and he has had several inquiries on this dog locally, but many who are looking for a Free dog are not willing to commit themselves to a dog with any problem at all. It just is what it is...Here is his posting from the original offering with his email attached:

"Default English Setter 10 month old pup, looking for Good Home (for free)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 10 month old Tricolored English Setter puppy that I would like to place (for free) in a GOOD hunting or pet home. He has a physical condition that prevents me from using him in my breeding program, but would not keep him from being a productive hunting dog / loving pet. I will be happy to explain in detail if you're interested. Just shoot me a pm and we can go from there.

He has been worked in the field, point birds, has been introduced to the gun, loads up, etc. He stays with you in the field and loves bird hunting.

Thanks
Superposed" email address: esetters3@yahoo.com

Somebody is gonna get a good deal here I think! There is some risk ..yes, but there is risk with any new dog any where, anytime, any place. I confess I love English Setters. Bill I forgot to add this dog is in Central Georgia!

IMG_2880_zpsd8966895.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
BK, This is not only OK but Welcome.
We appreciate Your help with finding a good home for this pup.
Great opportunity for someone that would like a pet and bird dog.
Wish I had room in my pickup, I have 3, all rescue types, their great!

BK, This is not only OK but Welcome.
We appreciate Your help with finding a good home for this pup.
Great opportunity for someone that would like a pet and bird dog.
Wish I had room in my pickup, I have 3, all rescue types, their great!

Thank you very much. I would be all over this dog except at my age and circumstance, I just can't.

I have tried and tried to post a picture but cannot figure it out. If some one could help me I could send it via email and maybe they could post it for me. I would sure appreciate it.

Is this dog still available? I sent a personal message but I never got a response.
thanks Scare

I answered your message tonight. I have been out of town this week. I'm not sure if you tried to contact the email I listed as the owner's. Hope the PM answers your questions.

Just to let you know. The owner found a good home for Cowboy with someone who had a beagle that had seizures and understands how to handle a dog with this kind of problem. the owner and I were pretty sure the issue was /is one of caloric intake while hunting to prevent hypoglycemia. The guy got a good dog and the dog will be cared for. My thanks for letting me post this here and for your interest.
Happy Easter everyone!

Back