Good Day Hunting & Shootn

Dave&Midge

Just was a great day yesterday, dog could wind birds 40 plus yards and get pointed quick and for me was Johnny dead Eye on the trigger. No Pheasants though just Quail. Dave

Actualy was public, in a kinda certain way. I was waiting for some one to say was that a little over ya limit ?16 Birds in all. But it was not, and I was huntn by myself and all in one day, actualy found all them in 1hour 45 min. How is this possible one may ask. And the kicker all wild birds. I have always in everyway been the most law abiding person. So How can it be ? Well I guess I will tell . As a gift from my very close Dr. that is monitoring my health very close gave me a gift as He has told me for that the very limited time I may have left to hunt to enjoy everyday so a Xmas gift from him. So to a preserve I went with a gift in my pocket from a good man, for a unkown reason I found wild birds there were I was hunting for real. After the tough pheasant hunt a week aga my dog said this I can do with my eyes closed LOL. And I rewarded her with nice shootn , Kinda wondered what my wife put in my coffee LOL. Was a day to remember as all hunts for me are. Dave

Dave
I would rather hunt quail than pheasants most of the time. It is so much fun to watch a dog work quail.

Looks like your Setter must have had a good day on them, and your shooting must have been spot on :thumbsup:

Thats a good lookin dog. I hope he wasnt in that box when it got that dent. Lol. I havent hunted down south in about 15 years but it used to be good by pitt all the way thru yates center. I used to work all over down there in sales and always took my dog and shotgun with me. Hunted nearly every day during my lunch hour or before heading home for the day.

Thats a good lookin dog. I hope he wasnt in that box when it got that dent. Lol. I havent hunted down south in about 15 years but it used to be good by pitt all the way thru yates center. I used to work all over down there in sales and always took my dog and shotgun with me. Hunted nearly every day during my lunch hour or before heading home for the day.

The ups dud hit my box in the driveway, it gets talked bout all the time. LOL I should fix it , just so buisy huntn :D . Watchn Fancy do her thing yesterday just was the best time in a long time. Thanks fellows Dave

That looks like a dog box that Troy Brynds used to make over at Cherokee. They used to sell them at Ryders Sporting Goods. Congrats on the hunt.

That looks like a dog box that Troy Brynds used to make over at Cherokee. They used to sell them at Ryders Sporting Goods. Congrats on the hunt.
It still has the makers tag I will have to look. My Dad bought me that for Xmas 15 or 20 years agao. I still have in my plans one more hunt this year and realy wan to get up and meet you all. Will be all alone this time . I have 2 MRIs next week then Im free for bout 5 weeks. Good luck up there Huntn, Dave

Sounds like an awesome day for you both. Congratulations!

Take care. Thoughts and prayers for your upcoming MRI's.

Sounds like an awesome day for you both. Congratulations!

Take care. Thoughts and prayers for your upcoming MRI's.

Thanks M.R. I have been fighting spondylolisthesis for 18 yrs caused from lower vertebra in my back being cracked. The good Lord has kept me going and the will for all the pleasures for the outdoors. Thanks good luck with everyone's Hunting, Dave

Thanks M.R. I have been fighting spondylolisthesis for 18 yrs caused from lower vertebra in my back being cracked. The good Lord has kept me going and the will for all the pleasures for the outdoors. Thanks good luck with everyone's Hunting, Dave

You have been battling it for a long long time. Among other things I have been fighting extreme low back/buttock pain and MRI revealed bulging disc which was no surprise. Started decompression and it is helping at the moment. Ah, those golden years.

Prayers said on your behalf.

You have been battling it for a long long time. Among other things I have been fighting extreme low back/buttock pain and MRI revealed bulging disc which was no surprise. Started decompression and it is helping at the moment. Ah, those golden years.

Prayers said on your behalf.

My prayers and thoughts are with you my Friend. I hope 2012 is good to you and your family.

My prayers and thoughts are with you my Friend. I hope 2012 is good to you and your family.

Thanks fellows, my last MRI showed water on the hip joints , not what I was expecting, was hoping the break in the my back was healing but not. Ive made 8 trips to Mayo in minnesota over the years, but have defeated the bad odds so far and enjoying the outdoors more than ever this year, and maybe one more Pheasant hunt before Jan 31.:) Dave

Back