Good bye Copper

Your picture speaks volumes about what you are about, and your values, as a bird hunter. Copper in the forefront, held by you, his keeper. Birds are next, positioned respectfully on the limb behind you. Finally, your gun rests in the background. The order shows you are a wise and thoughtful sportsman, understanding the importance of each aspect of the experience, in the proper sequence. Sorry for your loss, but happy for a thousand memories that you have within you. Thanks for sharing.

Your picture speaks volumes about what you are about, and your values, as a bird hunter. Copper in the forefront, held by you, his keeper. Birds are next, positioned respectfully on the limb behind you. Finally, your gun rests in the background. The order shows you are a wise and thoughtful sportsman, understanding the importance of each aspect of the experience, in the proper sequence. Sorry for your loss, but happy for a thousand memories that you have within you. Thanks for sharing.

very astute

Sorry to hear Matt D, i feel for you buddy. Cling to the memories from what I've read through the years there are many... Hang in there pal.

He was your buddy. I know how you made his last years special for him. Even when he couldn't see or hear you catered to his needs and quality of life. You did your best and he loved you every day. Sorry for your loss but memories are still there.

Matt, Although we have never met, we have chatted back and forth on this site and I feel you are a friend. Just as many on this site, I feel you are my friends. I am sorry for your loss and I'm having a hard time fighting back the tears. We may never meet in this life but hopefully we can all be united some day, some where, and with all our Dogs we have shared so much with through the years.

I did not write the following but thought it was only fitting to post this on your thread.

JUST A DOG
“From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"
or "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand
the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with
"just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company
was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.
Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by
"just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure and unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.
Because of "just a dog," I will rise early, take long rides and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog," but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile--because they "just don't understand."

Truly sorry for your loss. Respectfully, john smink

So very sorry. Losing a good dog is so hard. You were lucky to have him, and he you. Rest easy Copper.

Back