Glove review

Bob Peters

I bought these gloves based on a recommendation by member 20super90 from mankato. He said they're his favorite glove. I looked and the price was too rich for my blood, but wait, they are on sale for 60% off. I ordered a large. The fit is good, wish I could have tried on a medium just to see, but I have no problem operating a shotgun with them on. Grip is good, excellent feeling with the all leather palm and fingers. They keep the wind out which is nice. Gore tex do they breath some, but they get pretty damp from sweat after a long day. My hands seem to always get cold no matter what, it's definitely my biggest problem afield. I've been wearing these a lot and like them. That said if it's really cold and windy I don't think they'll work for me. But then again I've never really found a perfect solution for that, although I'm always searching. For now it's hand warmer packets and cycling different gloves for different conditions.

Try the Sitka upland glove. They are fantastic. I have used Bob Allen shooting gloves for years, but the Sitka gloves keep my hands warmer and are more durable. Just take a deep breath before looking at the price.

I also have trouble keeping my fingers warm. This year I decided to try just dropping a chemical hand warmer in the Seirus gloves, right against my palm. Wow, what an easy solution, after a quick minute, I don't even notice them. My buddy had been doing this all of last season, I just thought that warmer loose in the glove would never work...I was wrong! The Seirus gloves are wind/water proof and quite tight fitting, the easiest to shoot in gloves I have ever used. Not real sure which model they are, I bought them in a Fleet Farm last year, they were around $50. If I had a XXL pair, I would wear them with a liner and put the warmer between the gloves on sub teens days. As is I wear different gloves for colder temps, with a liner and warmers, not nearly as comfortable to shoot in, I really need to feel that safety, all the time.

I bought these gloves based on a recommendation by member 20super90 from mankato. He said they're his favorite glove. I looked and the price was too rich for my blood, but wait, they are on sale for 60% off. I ordered a large. The fit is good, wish I could have tried on a medium just to see, but I have no problem operating a shotgun with them on. Grip is good, excellent feeling with the all leather palm and fingers. They keep the wind out which is nice. Gore tex do they breath some, but they get pretty damp from sweat after a long day. My hands seem to always get cold no matter what, it's definitely my biggest problem afield. I've been wearing these a lot and like them. That said if it's really cold and windy I don't think they'll work for me. But then again I've never really found a perfect solution for that, although I'm always searching. For now it's hand warmer packets and cycling different gloves for different conditions.

The pair I had it seemed like the end of the fingertip was almost too wide to get into the trigger guard. Mine were xl so maybe that added to the problem.

For the first time I can ever remember, I did not wear any gloves during the entire pheasant season here in MN. That's about 25 years. I can recall two times when the air temps were about 25-30 degrees. Otherwise it was above freezing every time I went hunting.

For some reason I always hunt with gloves. Warmth, stickers, whatever. I don't know how many pair I've gone through but my pickup looks like a used glove store. My current favorites are a pair of cheap hunting gloves I found at WalMart. I like them because they fit well, with now "alien fingers" and have a non-slip coating on the fingers and palm. Nothing fancy.

I have a few pair of gloves for waterfowl hunting and upland hunting... 3 different ones that were all in the $50-$100 range and I find myself buying 3 or 4 pair of the kinco hydroflector each year. I don't wear them out, but they get pretty "gamey" while ice fishing so I tend to pitch them. Never tried to run them thru washing machine. For 7 bucks a pair (when on sale) I don't want that discussion with my wife. They are great for everything from work to ice fishing.

When it is super cold out hunting geese in January the hand warmer in the glove trick works very well!

Back