Glad to Not Hear...

...Of anyone running in to rattlesnakes or porcupines. As far as pole cats, oughta be shot up by the time we get there. But please leave us a few birds.:)

Nary a quillpig left out here in the hills,lost all the Bighorn lambs from this year,CSP elk herd at less than 100,usually two dozen whitetails in the yard,now about 5.Got plenty of Mt Lions though.Wonder if there's any correllation?

Wife walked up on a skunk and she freaked and ran.. it ran behind us and we ended up shooting it.

We also walked up on 2 coons. Dogs smelled them way before we did. Both dogs went nose to nose with the coons.

I had a guy here that had a dog go on point, she went in to flush and came out with a skunk attached to her face. They had to beat the skunk off the dog and then killed it. The next day the same thing happened to another dog. I have never seen that happen before. Evrybody turned out OK but it kind of messes up the hunt.

We drove up to Aberdeen area from Colorado going through Winner and saw many dead skunks on the road and encountered 2 in the field. Locals where we hunted said they were thick this year. Lucky our dogs weren't hit, a sad time to travel with that problem.:cheers:

I came up from Colorado during opening week and hunted near Highmore, Miller, and Gettysburgh and was amazed at the number of skunks we saw--mostly dead. We didn't see any while actually out hunting in the field and our dogs were not bothered either.

Mike

Back