Getting Good Rain

I believe you did when you said he would be face down in a ditch.
@515wingshooter I'd recommend you choose your next words wisely. So far you have been reporting issues via the forum report button to just showcase you like to gaslight people and get your way. I'm seeing a pattern here. Either figure it out, or it's time you leave.

Hey webguy… clean up your site… not needed here. Folks can go to bowsite…

Last edited:
Pretty tough finding politicians of any stripe that would appreciate your point of view....politics just doesn't seem to attract the type of individual who values the common good as it applies to conservation and wildlife..
Left leaners want to lock it all up...right leaners want to till it all up....that leaves us holding few to no cards.
Sorry to be such a downer...cause I do like your sentiment and attitude..
Well one can always wish! Ha

The deer herd has been talked about as the crux of our problems -- it was managed with sound management principles (or pretty darn sound) at one point in time -- one can always wish it would get back to that.

Someone posted about the finite resource --- Sure do wish someone better at communicating than me could sell the politicians and Ag community at what a pot of gold they literally have if upland birds were the focus for their own pocketbooks, that of their communities vs focusing on deer.

Upland birds as pointed out are scarce and not widely available in great #'s -- it really would not take much to get back to that point we were in for a few short decades -

Call it my Christmas Wish!!

Fair enough @akp I think you are possibly saying what everything is thinking. @515wingshooter seems to be reporting things that don't fit what he deems kosher, etc. Hey @515wingshooter why don't you tell the forum what is on your mind? (y)
Now your gaslighting! Lets all just drop it and move on. We have rain in the forecast again this weekend. As much as I want to be out hunting, I hope it starts coming down again. We need this pattern to end so we don't face a birds worse enemy this summer, Emergency Grazing.

People definitely don't pay taxes or fees/licenses. Golf course and hunting land two different things ....

If you want to volunteer and donate more money go ahead. You shouldn't be forcing others. Especially with many struggling to pay bills. Maybe stick to golfing
If you are struggling to pay bills perhaps you should be working instead of bird hunting. Resident hunting licenses are horribly cheap here. I would pay 3-4 times the rate if the money was spent on habitat. It is entertainment to me and I am hardly wealthy

If you are struggling to pay bills perhaps you should be working instead of bird hunting. Resident hunting licenses are horribly cheap here. I would pay 3-4 times the rate if the money was spent on habitat. It is entertainment to me and I am hardly wealthy
I think all the part time jobs people are picking up would say differently. Clearly you have no idea about economics/inflation/loss of purchasing power. I'm sorry you have no empathy for the working class.

Again, why don't you guys start donating to PF/QF more. Join them and trying to get them to have more lobbying power. Slippery slope theory boys. I'm sorry you guys trust and have faith in politicians and government. Maybe a few years you will wake up.

I think all the part time jobs people are picking up would say differently. Clearly you have no idea about economics/inflation/loss of purchasing power. I'm sorry you have no empathy for the working class.

Again, why don't you guys start donating to PF/QF more. Join them and trying to get them to have more lobbying power. Slippery slope theory boys. I'm sorry you guys trust and have faith in politicians and government. Maybe a few years you will wake up.

Yeah I’m a real upper crust guy…. With my construction job and my little ranch home.

The principles of a very basic economics class apply here. There’s a supply curve and a demand curve. Where they cross sets a price.

Our problem is we have a limited supply of:

1. game animals
2. Public accessibility

And all that is with a high demand.

Something has to give. More and more people fighting for less and less (or stagnant) resources.

And then the state wants to increase hunter numbers, but accessibility is not there, or everybody is on top of each other, or the birds are all blown out of a WIHA or marsh.

I don’t have the solution, but I know that there’s a problem.
So true, there are less hunters but even fewer places that hold birds. Minnesota waterfowl is a perfect example. Years ago you could shoot ducks about anywhere in the state, and now the birds are condensed in a few areas. Hunting pressure is just congregated now. It all comes down to quality habitat, it’s disappearing and I’m afraid it’s not coming back.

Now your gaslighting! Lets all just drop it and move on. We have rain in the forecast again this weekend. As much as I want to be out hunting, I hope it starts coming down again. We need this pattern to end so we don't face a birds worse enemy this summer, Emergency Grazing.
Tell me how I'm gaslighting @westksbowhunter ? I'm happy to listen. Am I interpreting things incorrectly? I have got constant reports from @515wingshooter about issues. Gaslighting? Who's gaslighting who? What's the problem? I always tell people, I can't fix a problem that I don't know that exists. Seems like there is something more you want to say. Also, so you know I have had multiple reports from @515wingshooter behind the scenes when people don't agree with him or fit his narrative. It's confusing how he instigates things, then says the forum is to blame or others for his issues. Then when I push back, it's "just remove me from the forum board". Who's gaslighting who? I'm all ears. Be a grown-up and tell me where the issue is then instead of being passive aggressive. You are welcome to send me a DM as well.

Tell me how I'm gaslighting @westksbowhunter ? I'm happy to listen. Am I interpreting things incorrectly? I have got constant reports from @515wingshooter about issues. Gaslighting? Who's gaslighting who? What's the problem? I always tell people, I can't fix a problem that I don't know that exists. Seems like there is something more you want to say. Also, so you know I have had multiple reports from @515wingshooter behind the scenes when people don't agree with him or fit his narrative. It's confusing how he instigates things, then says the forum is to blame or others for his issues. Then when I push back, it's "just remove me from the forum board". Who's gaslighting who? I'm all ears. Be a grown-up and tell me where the issue is then instead of being passive aggressive. You are welcome to send me a DM as well.
Jut for the record...and I know you were not addressing me..,I put a like on Wests response due to his admonition to drop the back and forth and move on..
I had to go lookup "gaslight"....not a word I was familiar with....and I imagine I'm not alone....lol. Don't see it as relative..

I will admit I had a role in this little dust up, and apologise to you and others who don't want to see/hear what amount to playground pissing contests. The majority of your viewership come here to talk dogs,hunting and all things related....a most worthy subject matter, I'm sure we would all agree. I'll try and keep my focus there...going forward..

Jut for the record...and I know you were not addressing me..,I put a like on Wests response due to his admonition to drop the back and forth and move on..
I had to go lookup "gaslight"....not a word I was familiar with....and I imagine I'm not alone....lol. Don't see it as relative..

I will admit I had a role in this little dust up, and apologise to you and others who don't want to see/hear what amount to playground pissing contests. The majority of your viewership come here to talk dogs,hunting and all things related....a most worthy subject matter, I'm sure we would all agree. I'll try and keep my focus there...going forward..
@Haretrigger I appreciate the message, your pragmatic response and I look forward to your future comments on the forum. I do appreciate how you handled your reply. I wish more people could talk like human beings like this, even though we are behind computers. We are all humans after all and like you say... we all like dogs, hunting, etc. and want to connect with like minded interests. 🍻

It all comes down to quality habitat, it’s disappearing and I’m afraid it’s not coming back.
There are 330 million+ in this country and a lot of land gobbled up by private interests. Unfortunately, it will keep disappearing if we look at the facts. Watching South Dakota till up acres of land/CRP for years because it didn't pay enough vs planting corn. If we discuss that, it's politics at play, but where's the line? It's tough. Quality habitat is exactly what it all comes down too. 100%. Seems like these days with farmers, it's a labor of love when it comes to setting aside quality habitat. If we had a bigger discussion about it, it seems to turn into a more heated political discussion, that turns into something more heated. Regardless, I agree with the statements of @Drake1

I did that in one post about one person to alert you of another jumping in. Because i know you have a target for me. Stop lying and spreading false info to support your false narrative. Believe me I definitely don't need you to fight my battles and know you wouldn't. So why would I need you to?

You won't delete my account because you know 20% of engagement would be down. The most popular post is a troll post about dumping mud. That is what you will be left with. South Dakota and Iowa, the top harvest states, are bare bones in the forums these days. Uplandjournal is by far the better forum hands down.

Minnesota waterfowl is a perfect example. Years ago you could shoot ducks about anywhere in the state, and now the birds are condensed in a few areas. Hunting pressure is just congregated now.
I can confirm this. I think the main migration pattern has shifted westward. I used to be an avid waterfowler until about 5 years ago. Then the ducks stopped coming through the middle part of the state, and there was less local ducks because of drought.

Isn't worth my time to scout, buy stamps, and sit in a marsh that's half dried up to shoot one or two ducks in 4 hours anymore. I kind of miss going, but there are better ways to use my time in October nowadays.

The migration has shifted west where the water is. Like pheasants you have to go to the birds. Dakotas have been good for both upland and migratory birds, but not typically both in the same area. Be mobile. There is good hunting to be had.

I did that in one post about one person to alert you of another jumping in. Because i know you have a target for me. Stop lying and spreading false info to support your false narrative. Believe me I definitely don't need you to fight my battles and know you wouldn't. So why would I need you to?

You won't delete my account because you know 20% of engagement would be down. The most popular post is a troll post about dumping mud. That is what you will be left with. South Dakota and Iowa, the top harvest states, are bare bones in the forums these days. Uplandjournal is by far the better forum hands down.
Not to give you much mileage --

But forums in general are dying -- I hate it - but times are changing -- I guess at my age of 43 I was younger when these started and have been engaging/learning this way/form of communication for a long time - but younger folks and many older ones are abandoning them. I've watched a few forums completely die -- this one is still hanging on with a few that contribute -- I probably dont have much to say other than the same ole stuff about KS.
The fb groups seem to be the most lively - but they have a different feel -- I dont like them as much.

This one was always a top one for me -- one that was pretty outstanding and died was Pointing Dog Journal if any of you were on that one. Guess it didnt help I stopped subscribing -- got tired of seeing mostly GSP's on the cover...ha --

Back