Get Together

I'm sorry guys. I did inform some of the guys on another post. Unfortunately, I blew my knee out approximately 8 weeks ago. I had an MRI, which indicated that I had severe arthritis. Possibly as a result of limping, I apparently reinjured an old back injury (spondylolisthisis). I am recovering, but it is slow. Thus, with all this going on, I didn't have the time to plan. I'll work on this the next few days to week. With the lousy prediction for stocking we may have to look to a shooting preserve. If that is acceptable let me know. Also, if you have any recommendations let me know. Steve

If I can make it to a get together I will but a lot of it depends on the date/time/location. I think a preserve hunt may be a good idea given the number of pheasants available for stocking. I have made plans to make a 2.5 hour drive to onpoint outfitters in Confluence, Pa in late December to do a combo quail/pheasant hunt. I plan on hunting 2 days and staying over night one night. I'll be going by myself and doing it since I can't make it out west to KS or SD. I've never hunted there before but I have heard good things about it. They seem to have a lot of land available to hunt on the preserve. Might be an option for the get together.

Hope you feel better and bag some birds this year Steve.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry to disappoint all of you, but had another setback with my back (no pun intended). I have an appt to see my family doc to get an MRI. Then decide where to go from there. I am afraid that at this present time, that I cannot work out the logistics for a group hunt. I truly am sorry. If a miracle happens I'll try again. Take care and good luck with the season. Steve

Steve;
Don't worry about it, just concentrate on getting healthy.

Dan

Back