Get Together

Stevegk

The hunting season is coming. You can feel in in the change of temperature. I was wondering how our members would feel about scheduling a joint hunt during the season. Where we can meet, hunt, lie, etc. I truly have nothing planned, but wondered if anyone would be interested. Steve

Yeh...You can definitely feel the change is coming,our Springer is getting that look in his eye!We have a pretty busy schedule with Youth Hunts,Habitat Work,scouting,working around camp,etc.,but keep us posted.Any of you guys hunt NY?I can remember when they had a heck of a pheasant season,and that opener is right around the corner.
Dan

Greetings...just signed up and moved back to PA 3 years ago from southern MO where there is no bird hunting...acquired a 1.5 yr old gsp last spring and have been training him so we would love to get out and find birds...give a shout...thanks...

Welcome CampZ. I have a 20 month old Britt, who is making excellent progress. She did pretty well last year, except she was inconsistent with the retrieves. I'll see how many more people are interested. Maybe we could meet midway some place. Steve

Hey Stevegk, How have you been? I haven't been on for quite a while. I've been pretty busy.
We will have to get together some time this season. Parker is doing well. Just started putting him on birds the last few weeks and he is doing great:)

Heymacstevej, good to know that you and Parker are doing well. I had Sadie out this morning. She pointed the quail well, however the retrieves leave a lot to be desired. However, she is still only 20 months old and has not had a lot of birds in front of her. I was thinking a group of us could get together on state game lands or even (heaven forbid) a game farm. I am open for anything. Take care, I'll be talking to you soon. Steve

I'm ready to head out and so are the dogs. Heck, even my wife said we should get the dogs out to preserve soon to get on some birds.

How far is everybody on here spread out? It would be nice to get together but I'm in the same situation as FLDBRED. I get pretty busy with youth hunts and a vet hunt our chapter of PF does. Good luck everybody this year.

If we can have the home towns of everyone interested, I'm sure we can find a place at the midpoint. Steve

For what it's worth I'm in Clarion. My pups only 4 months old, not ready for anything organized yet :)

I live in Adams county, close to Gettysburg. I have to vizslas. Blitz is 3 and Nittany will turn 7 in Nov.

Good to see some of you are back! The season will be here before we know it! Anyone scouting any new spots this year? Scouting for me is half the fun..I never know when I may stumble along that next honey hole!

Well guys, I live in Patton, Cambria County (near the State Park) Time to get a map out and draw some lines. Hey Macsteve, doesn't mean you can't bring Parker out and let him romp. That's all my Britt did last year. As the season progresses I'll look to make some plans. Thanks for the response gentlemen. Steve

Oh I can let him Romp, I just don't think Parker would make a good hunting partner for an older more serious dog:) Hi is still wanting to play with any dog he sees.
He is going to miss a lot of training time coming up here soon. I'm gone for a week this month then again the first two weeks of October. I hope he doesn't forget what little I've trained him. I have mainly been getting him out in the woods and fields and trying to get birds in front of him.

Sounds like a good time, I just joined up today. I have a 9 month old GSP who is coming along pretty well. I'd be glad to drive and meet-up with some fellow PA bird hunters.

-John

mcclinj,
Welcome aboard! Where are you located? What areas do you hunt?

I live in Pittsburgh now, but recently moved from The Ligonier area. I'm admittedly fairly new to upland hunting. I did some grouse hunting as a kid....but I was basically the dog then.

-John

LOL...sometimes I think my son still uses me as the dog!

Dan

Back