Gear That Lasted At Least A Decade?

This is my kind of cat. As long as they stay in the house, they don't bother me.

Attachments

• free cat.jpg
    free cat.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 12
Believe me I've put as much lead in cats as anyone. But then I met someone who actually loved cats. I mean the kind of love that would keep her up at night if she hadn't seen it for a few hours!! That got me thinking about it. Who the hell am I hate cats in the field. They are not nearly the threat to wildlife as I am. They are probably just doing what I am, enjoying the outdoors and looking for something to kill and take home. You won't catch me sitting by the fire with one on my lap, any time soon, but I don't shoot them anymore.

Good for you! I'm all in on saving the cats. As I write I have three of them on my recliner. One on my lap, one on my left side and one at my feet.

Attachments

• 17042932465448880017620118378733.jpg
    17042932465448880017620118378733.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
The ship is going of course! There is no one steering it! As stated, this is a regular occurrence. Worse things can happen. When I am pheasant hunting I shoot pheasants...cats are on the ground, not where I want anyone with me shooting.

Believe me I've put as much lead in cats as anyone. But then I met someone who actually loved cats. I mean the kind of love that would keep her up at night if she hadn't seen it for a few hours!! That got me thinking about it. Who the hell am I hate cats in the field. They are not nearly the threat to wildlife as I am. They are probably just doing what I am, enjoying the outdoors and looking for something to kill and take home. You won't catch me sitting by the fire with one on my lap, any time soon, but I don't shoot them anymore.
I think you underestimate the damage cats do.

Anthropogenic threats, such as collisions with man-made structures, vehicles, poisoning and predation by domestic pets, combine to kill billions of wildlife annually. Free-ranging domestic cats have been introduced globally and have contributed to multiple wildlife extinctions on islands. The magnitude of mortality they cause in mainland areas remains speculative, with large-scale estimates based on non-systematic analyses and little consideration of scientific data. Here we conduct a systematic review and quantitatively estimate mortality caused by cats in the United States. We estimate that free-ranging domestic cats kill 1.3–4.0 billion birds and 6.3–22.3 billion mammals annually. Un-owned cats, as opposed to owned pets, cause the majority of this mortality. Our findings suggest that free-ranging cats cause substantially greater wildlife mortality than previously thought and are likely the single greatest source of anthropogenic mortality for US birds and mammals. Scientifically sound conservation and policy intervention is needed to reduce this impact.

1) Colt Woodsman soda straw .22. Grandad bought it new, I believe in the 1920’s. 2) Buck knives. I have several all the way back to one I bought my father for Christmas in the 1960’s. 3) 1966 Ford Galaxy my dad bought new for my brother. 4) Wick clothes. 2 hunting coats, 2 hunting vests, 3 pair of chaps. Wick went out of business around 2007. Some of mine are from the 1980’s. 5) Mitchell spinning reels from the 1960’s. 300’s, 308’s, 408’s. Still working well after a bail return spring replacement. 6) Browning trolling rods from around 1990. I still use them on my charter boat on Lake Erie. 7) Same with Shakespeare & Daiwa trolling rods from the mid 90’s. 8) 20 Daiwa Sealine line counter trolling reels from the 90’s. “Bullerproof” 9) Jap Ithaca 20 gauge SXS “magic wand”. I used to have 3 of these & 1 OU. I wish I had kept them all. From around 1970.

1) Colt Woodsman soda straw .22. Grandad bought it new, I believe in the 1920’s. 2) Buck knives. I have several all the way back to one I bought my father for Christmas in the 1960’s. 3) 1966 Ford Galaxy my dad bought new for my brother. 4) Wick clothes. 2 hunting coats, 2 hunting vests, 3 pair of chaps. Wick went out of business around 2007. Some of mine are from the 1980’s. 5) Mitchell spinning reels from the 1960’s. 300’s, 308’s, 408’s. Still working well after a bail return spring replacement. 6) Browning trolling rods from around 1990. I still use them on my charter boat on Lake Erie. 7) Same with Shakespeare & Daiwa trolling rods from the mid 90’s. 8) 20 Daiwa Sealine line counter trolling reels from the 90’s. “Bullerproof” 9) Jap Ithaca 20 gauge SXS “magic wand”. I used to have 3 of these & 1 OU. I wish I had kept them all. From around 1970.
I have an Ithaca sxs made in 1970.20 guage.

Woodsman 22 is my favorite pistol to keep the varmints in check on the farm.

A DeerCreek Houndsman dog box that has storage on top. Had it since 2006 and it’s as good as when I bought it. It’s been in my pickup from September 1 until February 1 every year since I bought it.
Two pair of Danner, Made in the USA boots. Still going strong for 15+ years
Fausti DEA Roundbody 16 ga SxS. Imported by Cabelas and bought used in 2008. Been hunted with every year since.
Western folding lock back, cleaned a bunch of deer and a few elk.
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 338-06, had it built in 81 or 82. Killed a bunch of deer and a few elk with it.
Case Bird knife given to me by my daughter when she was about 12. (Now 36). Quit carrying it for fear of losing it.
There are others but these are ones that are important to me.

That's bad karma.You will have a karma event.

Leupold optics, all my big game rifles have Leupold scopes that are 30 years old and
withstood the harsh weather of Alaska.

Thermorest sleeping pads, most of mine are over 30 years old. Made in USA.

Back