Garmin Upland E-Collar

Hoster05

Anybody on here use the Garmin Upland e-collar? I have been using mine while working with my puppy and I dont get any sort of reaction out of her when using it. She is young yet so I haven't gone to the highest stimulation level but I would think I would get some sort of reaction from here no matter what the setting is on. I do put the collar on tight, I can barely get my finger under it. any suggestions would be helpful.

An obvious question but is it working? Hold collar in one hand and hit sensor with other. You'll be able to tell then. 😃

Yes it is on. It has a tone and vibrate function that work is well. I can hear it click when I turn the stimulation up to the highest level.

But, if you take it OFF the dog and put the points against your finger, do you feel a shock when you press the stimulation button? I would definitely check this on your finger before you consider turning it up to the highest level on the dog (and even then - I really doubt that you should need to go to the highest level to get a reaction - something sounds wrong there and I'd hate to see you traumatise your pup trying to figure out your collar).
Respectfully,
-Dave

Hmmm, then that does seem odd. I have not used that collar or even any Garmin collar, so I can't help there. I would suggest that the points aren't making contact, but it sounds like you've got it tight enough. I'm not an expert, and particularly not an e-collar expert, so I can't really offer anything beyond that.
Dave

e-collar

Depending on the age of this "puppy" you might want to wait awhile.

My guess is the points are not making contact with the skin. They do need to be snug BUT NOT TIGHT. You may have to snug up the collar on the dog's neck some if the collar is stimulating.

Check the range on the collar. Had a similar issue a few years ago.

I could nick myself while holding both units. Finally had a buddy hold the

transmitter while I started walking with the collar. Had a range of about 30 ft.

Back