game farm opinions

birdybritt529

i am looking to go to a game farm with a few family members and shooting birds is a must as most of my family have not gone pheasant hunting before. i have been out 5 days and never even had a decent shot at a rooster in the belle plain area. i have only been hunting public land and i truly have been in some truly busy areas. this is my first year pheasant hunting and am learning as i go. i was wondering what are you opinions on some of the local places? have you ever paid for a certain number of birds and ever wondered if they really put them out? any help would be great. thanks.

I am not much of a game farm guy. I just use them to get the dogs out in the off season. I can see where it would work well to introduce beginners to pheasant hunting.

Glendorado in Princeton is very reasonable and you see them load the birds on the four wheeler to bring them out. It is about an hour and a half from you.

PM me and I will tell you a few areas to try for wild birds. Do you have a dog?

Ive used caribou a few times it does the job and i find they are a bit cheaper than traxlers !

Go to Caribou the owner is a nice guy and helps out PF. I have been involved with some youth hunts and they do a good job down there.:thumbsup:

I visited Golden Meadows in Richmond, Mn about 10 days ago and had a very good time, though I still have trouble shooting hens... It was a good experience and a variety of cover made it a pretty realistic setting. The owner put out nine birds and we ended up getting seven after four hours of good walking -- and pretty good dog work -- they were mine, of course ;) we were all pretty well satisfied with the experience.

The price ended up being about 21 bucks a bird, if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps.

I joined Pheasant Ridge shooting preserve near Ogilvie this year. Yearly memberships are $125. Scratch birds are $10 and released birds are $17.50. Nice club, nothing fancy, come in after your hunt relax and have a beer.

Back