Furry beast counts

Anyone helping them birds from the furry ones?
8 coons (raccoons guys)
6 possum
4 skunks Why lord why:D
2 muskrat
2 rabbit must be putting traps in bad spots:D
I'm not the greatest furry beast trapper but i'm learning.

Last edited:
Anyone helping them birds from the furry ones?
5 coons (raccoons guys)
2 possum
2 skunk Why lord why:D
1 muskrat
2 rabbit must be putting traps in bad spots:D
I'm not the greatest furry beast trapper but i'm learning.

And a partridge in a pear tre-----e;)

My boy and I just got 14 dog proof coon traps--now the fun begins--total rookies we are LOL

1) Coyote with my 30-378 Wby Mag

3) Red Fox in my front yard with 00 buck

Sdjim

I have a bunch of the traps you mentioned and caught lots that way.One year I caught 60 raccoon out of one barn in less than three months.If you have access to barns that has feed try there first that is where I get all my coons at is barns.All I use is marshmallows,cat food or anything along these lines.I've been doing this for ten yrs. now and has not failed yet.

23 coyotes to-date, but they've come by way of an honest 4010 fps .204 Ruger "fast-action" trap . . .

I have a bunch of the traps you mentioned and caught lots that way.One year I caught 60 raccoon out of one barn in less than three months..

Though I'm not sure of the status of this particular barn Phil is speaking of (operational/abandon); nevertheless this is a great example as to why old abandon barns and farm houses are best when removed. They serve as breeding grounds and safe havens for nest raiding predators like raccoons and others.

Nice job Phil:thumbsup:

4 skunks, 2 coon and 2 porkies. I really do not want to top anyone while in the field with the dogs, but have to do my duty. I have not shot enough feral cats.

Though I'm not sure of the status of this particular barn Phil is speaking of (operational/abandon); nevertheless this is a great example as to why old abandon barns and farm houses are best when removed. They serve as breeding grounds and safe havens for nest raiding predators like raccoons and others.

Nice job Phil:thumbsup:

Yes true, but in MN. A"Home of refuge" is illegal to trap, might want to check your laws. Den trees etc. You can trap near such things, but to trap a den hole etc. or in it, will get you busted if found here.
Trapping nothing yet Coot. I got nothing on the homestead to trap right now. After a while you will find the same. Unless you have a creek, or a IA dredge ditch run through. Then you will always have a few critters. No ferral cats yet ????

Last edited:
Got a mile of river bottum to trap:) Warm weathers got them running again:thumbsup: Might get to trap old building spot by the refuge haven't asked yet.

Lost track of how many coons our dd has killed. He finds a hole and digs em out. Sometimes we end the fight when we can but he is pretty swift. I'll be hitting the coyotes once we get some snow and deer season is done but I do that mostly for fun. Studies by pf say coyotes actually are good for bird numbers.

All the barns that I set traps at are ones that are still in use by farmers for raising calves.They have for mice and rat problems and the raccoons come for the cat food.I checked with the dnr and said it's okay to do so as long as I don't kill anything that's protected and have permission from the land owner.

Seems like the whole dang country is infested with racoons.
We sure enough need some more laws to protect them. :(

My dog pointed a large dark object in weeds on Sunday. I got him off it, stepped back two paces and put a load of no. 5s through a mod choke into it. May have been an oppossum, a porcupine, or a hairless, newly dead coyote. Lots of mange in that area.

Got booted from river owners sons going to hunt deer:mad: Thats ok think I got them all:D Next year furry ones are going to be in trouble I think I got it figured out or at least know what not to do:) tome for crows and yotes and ice fishing.

Back