French Spaniel Pups in Minnesota

French Spaniel

Rare, French pointing spaniel. These are a beautiful dog that will absolutely hunt for you. They were originally brought to North America to hunt grouse/woodcock in Canada. Dogs like these were bred to hunt close so they could be kept track of in the woods. Those same traits transferred to other upland hunting.

They all naturally honor point and naturally retrieve. We have never forced fetched a dog. We have place dogs in every region of the country. Our clients have given us successful reports on every upland bird in the country.

We presently have a few pups remaining. If you want to check out our dogs go to our website at: www.minnesotafrenchspaniels.com
If you would like videos of our dogs in action or to see present pups please send an e-mail to : pkfish@kmtel.com

Pups are $900.00

Hi Paul and welcome to the UPH site.

For those of you not familar with the French Spaniel breed visit Paul's web site. I had the opportunity to hunt one day last year with Paul and his dogs. The French Spaniels are beautiful dogs and work very nice in the field. At the time I was looking for another dog and would of owned one of Paul's dogs if I hadn't stayed with the Brittanys. I've told people that the French Spaniels kind of look like a Springer with longer legs and an undocked tail. And of course these dogs are pointers.

Paul, how was hunting this year? I had a tough year with all the water and late crop harvest. Not the snow has put an early end to the season.

Take care,

George Eberle
Aberdeen, SD

Hunting was just ok early and great late

Early hunting was tough with all the crops still in the fields. It was the same way in Minnesota and South Dakota. About Thanksgiving time hunting improved a great deal. Lots of points and birds in the bag.

Our French Spaniels got a lot of great work in the fields. Best way to improve your dog is with birds. For us hitting South Dakota several times a year is essential. Our numbers of birds in MN seemed to be down a bit. At least in the areas that we hunt.

I'm fearful that the blizzards of the past week will take its toll on the pheasant population. Snow is too deep for this old guy to trudge through right now.

Pointing French Spaniels

All French Spaniels point. They are in the versatile dog category. They point, retrieve well and will work water as well. Their point is more of an elongated point and not a high tail.

I would post pictures but I'm a bit ignorant as to how to post those on this website. Here is an article I wrote for a magazine 11 years ago. It really describes the French Spaniel very well. http://www.minnesotafrenchspaniels.com/magazine.htm#Pauls article

Also if anyone would like videos sent to their e-mail of pups or the French Spaniels hunting (woods, CRP ) send requests to : pkfish@kmtel.com

Happy New Year Everyone!

Paul & Karla Fischenich
Minnesota French Spaniels

Let me see if I can get some pictures of French Spaniels posted here. The first picture is Paul's dog Paris and the others I pulled off the internet.

FrenchSpaniel.jpg
[/IMG]
FrenchSpaniel1.jpg
[/IMG]
FrenchSpaniel3.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That's a beautiful breed for sure. Great to see it getting some well deserved traction and development in the US.

Not just a beautiful dog

These are not just another pretty face on the block. They are real workers and very determined hunters. Their beauty only adds to hunt as a whole.

Again if anyone would like an e-mail video of the dogs in action please send me a note at pkfish@kmtel.com

They really have flown under the radar as far as hunting dogs go. There have been several magazine articles on them in the last few years and one French Spaniel finished as a Versatile Champ in NAVHDA. So they are becoming better known. Lots of folks like getting one because they know they will most likely be one of the few people in their state to have one.

Back