Franchi 48 AL 20 GA-NM

Iconic bird gun, much loved by grouse/wc/quail/dove hunters for generations. And, yes, they can kill roosters too. This gun is in short supply now and just in time for hunting season.

This one has been very little used, a late field model (Benelli import) with matte finished metal and satin stock. Hardly a mark on the original finish on this gun; lets call it 99% condition. 24" VR chrome lined barrel with choke tubes (4) plus wrench. LOP 14.25' (uncut) to the new style Franchi pad. Weight is a feather-light 5# 4oz according to factory specs. Great balance. A great gun for youngsters, ladies, or seasoned citizen bird hunters.

Price is $600 shipped/insured in a hard case to your FFL. I can email as many pics as you would like.

Last edited:
I am interested, but in all honesty do not want to spend that much. If you are open to negotiate, you can contact me at nickelsmith@frontier.com. If not, that is fine also.

For Oscar and the others interested:

Its all about the comparables. You need to do some homework.

Frankly, $600 shipped is a bargain. This gun is near mint. Shipping through a FFL will add at least $75 to my expenses. (FFL fee+ hard case and shipping box + UPS shipping and insurance)

The only other 20 GA autoloader anywhere this light is the Benelli Ultra Light 20. MSRP is $1799 and you can't find them. There are two of these 48 ALs on the Cabela's Gun Library list: one is priced at $900 and the other at $1100, and that one has mismatched serial numbers! I guess I need to raise the price.

You guys can do the math.

NB

Last edited:
The Franchi is posted FS on a couple of boards this weekend and I have sent pics out already today. PM me yr friends email addy and I will forward him some pics of the gun. The pictures are better than a 1000 words. Thanks.

NB

david0311

Natty,

Can you attach them here as a PM--if it has nice wood I will it myself --always liked those I've seen--will PM you my e-mail as well--dc

Franchi 20 GA is still available. 2 3/4" shells only in this very light gun.

$600 shipped to your FFL guy.

Last edited:
Thank you --will be checking for them --forgot to ask--3" chambers?--dc

Dave, in a gun that light I don't think you would want to be shooting 3 inchers. Recoil could be a real issue.

Last edited:
Back