Fox Red Flushing Labrador Breeders

quick trigger

Hello,

Our chocolate lab, Wrigley, passed away unexpectedly from cancer in early November after returning from her 11th season of hunting SD ringnecks. My family and I are looking for lab breeders that have the fox red line. We would like a female that is a flusher. We live in northern Illinois and are willing to travel to Minn. and Wis. to find a good match for us. Can you provide any recommendations and reviews of a reputable breeder of the fox red color in labs? I have spent many hours searching the internet and I thought I could ask the experts on this site for their facts and opinions.

Thank you.

welcome to the insane asylum! Im headed to Portillos for lunch! (nobody else knows what that means)

I'll keep my eyes open for you. I love the fox reds!
See ya around the watercooler!

Fox Red Lab's

Portillo's is fantastic I agree. After spending so much time researching I think the best opportunities for a fox red color lab flusher is in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I have looked in Indiana, Iowa and our home state too. It looks like a spring or summer arrival with some of the breeders.

Quick Trigger--welcome to the site.

Most all of my flushing Labradors have come from Mn or Wi, but I've been seen some good dogs coming out of Michigan---so maybe take a look into their breeders too.

I have a client who runs fox red. I'll contact him to see where his breeder is from.:)

Nick

Fox red

HI Based on a trainer I really like , she recommended for a MEAT dog, not trialing Labs.... Torgs Labradors . I do have a pup booked next summer . www.torgslabs.com
they are in central Minn.

they do feature pointing Lab stock, but offer dogs that could be flushing . good luck!

HI Based on a trainer I really like , she recommended for a MEAT dog, not trialing Labs.... Torgs Labradors . I do have a pup booked next summer . www.torgslabs.com
they are in central Minn.

they do feature pointing Lab stock, but offer dogs that could be flushing . good luck!

Was also gonna recommend Torgs. Got a 2yr old sired by Tanner. Would love to have a Rooster Smasher pup.

You might end up with a pointer though.

Get a hold of Tim Springer @ dynamic retreivers. He has a Client who has reds. Her name is Georgia something or another. Her dogs are FT stock..... They will flush!

Fox Red Labs

Thank you for the recommendations about fox red labs. I am checking into the breeders with the help you have given me. I appreciate it.

Check out Whispering Pines in Milaca, MN. I just got a fox red female from them in November. She breeds only fox red, ivory and black labs. She does an outstanding job with the pups. Its also nice that her husband is in vet dietetics so you know for sure they are in great care.

Jim:

A new dog for you! From central MN? Have you selected the dog yet or is this a litter yet to be born?

How will you transport to MT?

Sounds exciting, although the logistics seem arduous.

Jon

Minnesota trip

we will come out to pick the pup in the summer, we have choice, the drive is long but my wife wants to PICK a dog , for a change! .... litter is likely mid summer in your Sticky season!

Jim, Minneapolis probably isn't on your way, but you are welcome to come visit us as a part of your journey. Drop a line if this works for you. These red puppies look alot like a short-trimmed Max!

Fox Red Labs

I have taken the time to research the web, make phone calls and visit a few breeders. The two fox red lab breeders we like the best are Black Ice Retrievers and Soggy Acres. Decision coming this weekend. Thank you for the names and suggestions via this forum.

You may have already looked into them, but a client has one from rainmaker Labradors in Wisconsin. He said they breed a good dog.

Nick

Back