Flying Pheasants Program

chadsbritt

Has anyone ever took part in the flying pheasants program put on by the Akron Lions Club? If your unfamilar with it, heres what its all about.

The Lions Club has obtained permission to hunt over 40000 acres of private land in the Akron area. You pay $125/person, and have permission to hunt the ground all season long; as many times as you'd like In addition, they released over 900 young birds this summer, and fed and watered them until they were aclimated to the wild. This of course is in addition to the wild population bird population.

I'm interested in giving it a try, but would like to hear someone's experience with the program. Is it worth it?

Hey there- I have driven by some of the properties that they have permission to hunt and I must say that some of them do look very enticing. For $125 it might not be a bad gig. I've always relied on knocking on doors and walk-in access with success though.
Let us know if you do obtain membership. Thanks

In my opinion and am from that area I wouldnt waste the money. In this area dryland areas like Akron do not have the populations of birds like there is around irrigated ground. Just my two cents. Knockin on doors after Thanksgiving is your best bet to good hunting out here.

Back