Fishing

Favorite as far as challenge, power, and availability is carp on the fly rod. 3 & 1/2 mile round trip, no crowds, and scads of fish that show me the backing on my fly reel numerous times. Favorite "eaters:" walleye, crappie, & perch. Favorite place to fish? My home lake back in Montana.

Brook trout from now until the end of May. Striped bass in the river in May, then leave them alone to spawn, then back at it for them in the saltwater in July. That's my focus, but I fill in with smallmouth, chain pickerel, yellow perch, mackerel, squid, pollock and flounder. Keeps me outta trouble until bow season opens first week of September!

My favorite fishing is for catfish. Bait up ,cast out , crack open a beer and relax! Lots of fight and easy cleaning and cooking.:cheers:

I love spring crappie as much as anything. But I think my favorite is setting a mid summer trotline, then setting out lights for the crappie. You never know what you will catch.:thumbsup:

Dec thru March:

DSCN0054223.JPG

April-June:

P1010113.JPG

June -September:

1K.jpg

Oct - Dec:

IMG_6573.JPG

Its a viscious cycle, I tell ya>>

Rough life reddog! :thumbsup:

I took Tuesday off before the weather turned cold again. Caught on smallish brook trout in the morning, then stopped for my lunch:

Wind came up in the afternoon and being out on the lake was not much fun, so I packed up. Of course, after I packed up I noticed all these little specs on the foam - stoneflies! I had to leave, but it's a good sign that things are beginning to happen. Hopefully after this cold snap the bugs will really start to get busy!

Back