First time I've seen this

Pulled up to a parking spot and was surprised to see this in the parking spot. My daughter pointed out the coffee cup. It was a Yeti. Didnt know the Amish were allowed Yeti's!

Pulled up to a parking spot and was surprised to see this in the parking spot. My daughter pointed out the coffee cup. It was a Yeti. Didnt know the Amish were allowed Yeti's!

Lol even better when u see them shopping at wal mart or at the mayo clinic make u wonder...

Was he hunting??? I'd be more impressed with that especially hunting public lands...

They were hunting. Had two english pointers. Guy about 45 and another about 20 or so. He was pretty funny. He asked what kind of dogs I had. When I told him they were vizslas and a setter, and that they were pointing dogs he chuckled and said, "There's only one kind of pointer." No orange, hunting in black.

They were hunting. Had two english pointers. Guy about 45 and another about 20 or so. He was pretty funny. He asked what kind of dogs I had. When I told him they were vizslas and a setter, and that they were pointing dogs he chuckled and said, "There's only one kind of pointer." No orange, hunting in black.

Did they have musket's? Lol

Did they have any birds with that pointer??? That's the real proof of how good his pointing dog was...

Wear I turkey hunt in MN WI NE & IA all have Amish community's near by never seen em hunting kinda cool...

Is blaze orange needed in MO??? maybe not mandatory for them some states have rules like that

Last edited:
Yeah you are supposed to have two pieces of orange on. But I think they live by a different set of rules. He was just giving me static and joking about the dogs. Just like anyone else. They did have a couple of birds. Said they saw one covey. Alot more personable than other amish I've talked to. They both had side by side black powder shotguns with hammers. Dont know what type or brand they were. But they looked heavy! Neither dog had a collar of any type on. Bare necks. They actually made me laugh a little that whole day. Never thought I'd see it. Kept thinking of the movie "Kingpin" where he snuck off to go bowling. These two were sneaking off to go bird huntin!

That's hilarious. Kingpin is a great movie, I actually played golf with randy, and Denis's quade one time in the 80's.Good dudes...

Brandon was that in MO or KS? That would be pretty amusing to say the least - cant say I've ever seen an Amish out hunting - they have a few communities around Wichita. Not many are hardcore with the horse/buggy - few of them that way around Yoder.

It was in Southern Missouri. There are several Amish communities that I hunt around. Ive seen kids deer hunting but never bird hunters.

Pretty nice buggy. I don't recall seeing one with turn signals before. There are quite a few around the area I deer hunt.

Jerry

Brandon was that in MO or KS? That would be pretty amusing to say the least - cant say I've ever seen an Amish out hunting - they have a few communities around Wichita. Not many are hardcore with the horse/buggy - few of them that way around Yoder.

Many different branch or religious beliefs many generalize & say Amish but mite be huterite Mennonite etc. They can use vehicles Not many Pennsylvania dutch do... Very cool to see... They farm better for the wildlife I think...

Yes deer hunting they do I also never seen em upland hunting...

Most try there best to ignore ya in MN WI not so in NE & SD very friendly there...

Back