First Pheasant hunting trip

sw-okie

Have been hunting since I was a little guy, however I will going on my first pheasant hunting trip in a couple weeks to Ks. with a couple friends. Anyone know how birds are around Pratt? Im very exicted about this trip, even more now since I have been reading some of the thread on the great forum.
I have model 870 mag. 12ga. pump with 29" barrel with full,mod and imp choke tubes, will this set up work for my trip or should I find something in a semi and shorter barrel?

Thanks for all the Help

Welcome. That 870 will do you just fine. Shoot for their eyes and you will be okay.

nc bird man

Welcome to the forum. Rest assured the 870 will do a great job. It was the only shotgun i owned for over 20 years. It killed ducks in 3 states, quail in 4 states, pheasant in 2 states and deer in 3. It's a great gun and you're set up just right for pheasants with your barrel length. Have a great hunt and don't forget to share your success with us all.

Tom

Pratt

You'll find better quail populations than pheasant around Pratt. Pheasants rather thin, especially on WIHA ground.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your trip and have fun!:cheers:

Thanks for the heads up, where might we find good birds on WIHA or is it getting late in season for good numbers?

Back