First Bird-New Cynergy Feather Composite 12G

PairOfLabs

Near Otis, CO last Wednesday I scored my first rooster with my new Cynergy on the first flush of the day. I will admit to a second anchoring shot.

The gun is a joy to carry at 6lbs 7oz with 26" barrels. I dropped the adj. comb down one notch to the bottom for better sight alignment and replaced the stock Inflex recoil pad with the longer one for a 14.75" LOP. It fits well.
As expected for a light 12GA, recoil with strong hunting loads is NOTICEABLE, especially on a poor mount when I took one on the arm while trying out a 3" shell. I need to practice my mounts some more and especially the safety release. Parker was not impressed with my shooting that day. My 45 year history of shooting A5s and a Maxus with trigger guard safeties was harder to reprogram than I expected. It's off to the range I go.
Parker-Yuma004F-SM.jpg

POL

Awesome! I know about the tang safety issue. I have shot a O/U for the last 5 years and still find it a issue at times. I trained myself to push the cross bolt safety of a auto and pumps off, as the last thing before pulling the trigger. When the gun (O/U) is mounted to my shoulder. My thumb does not have enough travel to push the safety off. I have to disengage the safety before mounting the gun or the cussing will begin.

Again Congrats, I sure like my Cynergy's and I'm sure you will get many years of enjoyment from yours.

Hey OP.
Exactly-once I had the gun up I could not slide the safety off, my thumb just wouldn't move far enough in that orientation. I'll have to practice releasing the safety as I bring the gun up-finger off the trigger. That gun is sure nice to carry on those long walk/few shot days.

BTW where in Minn are you? With a buddy in Mppls I get up to the Boundary Waters for fishing about two summers out of every three. We missed last summer but will probably hit this one.
POL

Back